Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

having begun a journey (especially of a sea vessel); initiated; in progress; under construction
elect
dotted
effusive
underway
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Accent in 'The Planet of the Apes'?

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Need TOEFLŪ speaking partner for training | Greetings from Ecuador. Trying to improve my speaking for the TOEFLŪ
listening exercises
Accent in 'The Planet of the Apes'? #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 21, 2013 22:40 pm   Accent in 'The Planet of the Apes'?

Hi, I noticed that in 'The Planet of the Apes' most of actors speak some kind of American English that very much sounds like British English. Was that the way actors spoke in the 60's or did they do that on purpose? Many thanks, Torsten

TOEIC listening, talks: Job candidate is explaining why company should should hire him
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Accent in 'The Planet of the Apes'? #2 (permalink) Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 am   Accent in 'The Planet of the Apes'?

Well, some of the apes do speak in an English accent, but I think you are talking about the "mid-atlantic accent" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_English Here is a very interesting clip of this "lost accent" http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/08/language-mystery-when-did-americans-stop-sounding-this-way/243326/
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Need TOEFLŪ speaking partner for training | Greetings from Ecuador. Trying to improve my speaking for the TOEFLŪ
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
speakinn Q no.1 Question: What is your most useful study aid? Describe it and expSpeaking Q no.3--Student expressingh his opinionSpeaking Q no.3--Student expressing her opinionspeaking Q no.2-How do you like to spend your leisure time?What is your favorite place to visit on weekends? Describe it and explain why itcorrections in Tofel speaking topicbest friendA little Help PleaseTalking in Englishthe firstmy first speaking practisecontemporary artMy first voice message