Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

customary
comprehensive
traditional
evident
magnificent
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
to this day | Curt is so egotistical. He always brags about how smart he is and about how...
listening exercises
The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:47 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", question 10

The challenge is to ......... interpersonal skills not only in face-to-face interactions but in virtual interactions as well.

(a) perfect
(b) perform
(c) produce
(d) project

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", answer 10

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills not only in face-to-face interactions but in virtual interactions as well.

Correct answer: (a) perfect

The challenge is to perform interpersonal skills not only in face-to-face interactions but in virtual interactions as well.

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 23:47 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

We don't 'perform inter-personal skills'.
Language Coach

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:34 am   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hi Kati,

You have a point. The idea of improving to a high level isn't really hinted at in the sentence. The verb 'practise' would be preferable to 'perform'.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:54 am   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hello Alan,

You say that " I have a point."
Quote:
The verb 'practise' would be preferable to 'perform'
- So I don't deserve this point. As I had written yesterday night "perform" and not "perfect". When I saw the "perfect" I couldn't ask why? Once your server was incredibly slow secondly I became very tired from this slowliness, I told myself tomorrow I will ask you. So I wanted to ask this morning. You overtook me, as you would have known that there is a problem for me. MANY THANKS.

Would you please to explain to us what this sentence means with the verb of "perfect"
because I am unable to understand. And I am very curious of it.

Regards:
Kati Svaby

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 am   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hello Bez,

I wrote the previous letter to Alan, and I read your post, and now I began to understand the sense of this sentence.

You: We don't 'perform inter-personal skills'.

I think that we can only perfect, make better a skill and not perform. Am I right?

Regards:
Kati

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:56 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
1.correct sentence:
This paper by Derek Miers received critical acclaim when it was published in 1996, and the issues highlighted are just as relevant today.

Correct answer: (a) acclaim

Your answer was: correct

2.correct sentence:
Over recent years information technology has experienced an unprecedented degree of change, enabling the transformation of the basic mechanisms of business.

Correct answer: (d) mechanisms

3.correct sentence:
Within the next years we will see the emergence of secure, cost-effective electronic payment systems to augment these technologies.

Correct answer: (c) augment

4.correct sentence:
Those waiting for clear signs of this new age before acting will forever be destined to observe from the sidelines.

Correct answer: (d) sidelines

5.correct sentence:
The fundamental opportunity offered by the Internet is for suppliers to gain direct access to consumers without the attendant costs associated with the maintenance of physical distribution channels-- people, bricks and mortar.

Correct answer: (c) mortar

6.correct sentence:
Markets and marketing concepts will change radically, driven by those companies who successfully rise to the challenge.

Correct answer: (b) rise to

7.correct sentence:
11th-century Europe saw the emergence of credit-based banking systems and financial instruments such as bills of exchange, and these concepts remain with us, in their modified form, to this day.

Correct answer: (c) to this day

8.correct sentence:
These basic concepts underpin all modern forms of commerce.

Correct answer: (c) underpin

9.correct sentence:
The rise of the Internet since the advent of the World Wide Web has provided an easy-to-use communication channel for businesses to contact current and potential customers.

Correct answer: (a) advent

10.correct sentence:
The emergence of the Internet as a general communication channel has also given rise to the possibility of widespread electronic commerce.

Correct answer: (b) rise

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #7 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:57 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hi Kati,

Have now deleted it.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #8 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 19:19 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hello Alan,

Many thanks.

I've made a mistake, I wanted to copy these collocations on the thread of I would like to open a thread about collocations-please write here collocations. (#519073)

Could you help me to transpose them to this thread?

I am very sorry that I disturb you with my negligency.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

to this day | Curt is so egotistical. He always brags about how smart he is and about how...
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Out on bail?is it correct?worse vs. the worstHis driving scares me a lot.f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral..Not Mark, though -- he truly loves peopleHe's really trustworthyTest incompl/advan-589, Question 6Test incompl/advan-589, User's Answer 6critical acclaimUsage quit instead of leaveland vs leavevocabularies vs salaries