customary
comprehensive
traditional
evident
magnificent

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

to this day | Curt is so egotistical. He always brags about how smart he is and about how...
The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:47 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", question 10

The challenge is to ......... interpersonal skills not only in face-to-face interactions but in virtual interactions as well.

(a) perfect
(b) perform
(c) produce
(d) project

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", answer 10

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills not only in face-to-face interactions but in virtual interactions as well.

Correct answer: (a) perfect
_________________________

The challenge is to perform interpersonal skills not only in face-to-face interactions but in virtual interactions as well.
_________________

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 23:47 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

We don't 'perform inter-personal skills'.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:34 am   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hi Kati,

You have a point. The idea of improving to a high level isn't really hinted at in the sentence. The verb 'practise' would be preferable to 'perform'.

_________________

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:54 am   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hello Alan,

You say that " I have a point."
The verb 'practise' would be preferable to 'perform'
- So I don't deserve this point. As I had written yesterday night "perform" and not "perfect". When I saw the "perfect" I couldn't ask why? Once your server was incredibly slow secondly I became very tired from this slowliness, I told myself tomorrow I will ask you. So I wanted to ask this morning. You overtook me, as you would have known that there is a problem for me. MANY THANKS.

Would you please to explain to us what this sentence means with the verb of "perfect"
because I am unable to understand. And I am very curious of it.

Regards:
_________________

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 am   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hello Bez,

I wrote the previous letter to Alan, and I read your post, and now I began to understand the sense of this sentence.

You: We don't 'perform inter-personal skills'.

I think that we can only perfect, make better a skill and not perform. Am I right?

Regards:
Kati
_________________

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:56 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
1.correct sentence:
This paper by Derek Miers received critical acclaim when it was published in 1996, and the issues highlighted are just as relevant today.

Correct answer: (a) acclaim

2.correct sentence:
Over recent years information technology has experienced an unprecedented degree of change, enabling the transformation of the basic mechanisms of business.

Correct answer: (d) mechanisms

3.correct sentence:
Within the next years we will see the emergence of secure, cost-effective electronic payment systems to augment these technologies.

Correct answer: (c) augment

4.correct sentence:
Those waiting for clear signs of this new age before acting will forever be destined to observe from the sidelines.

Correct answer: (d) sidelines

5.correct sentence:
The fundamental opportunity offered by the Internet is for suppliers to gain direct access to consumers without the attendant costs associated with the maintenance of physical distribution channels-- people, bricks and mortar.

Correct answer: (c) mortar

6.correct sentence:
Markets and marketing concepts will change radically, driven by those companies who successfully rise to the challenge.

Correct answer: (b) rise to

7.correct sentence:
11th-century Europe saw the emergence of credit-based banking systems and financial instruments such as bills of exchange, and these concepts remain with us, in their modified form, to this day.

Correct answer: (c) to this day

8.correct sentence:
These basic concepts underpin all modern forms of commerce.

Correct answer: (c) underpin

9.correct sentence:
The rise of the Internet since the advent of the World Wide Web has provided an easy-to-use communication channel for businesses to contact current and potential customers.

Correct answer: (a) advent

10.correct sentence:
The emergence of the Internet as a general communication channel has also given rise to the possibility of widespread electronic commerce.

Correct answer: (b) rise

_________________

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #7 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:57 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hi Kati,

Have now deleted it.

_________________

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills #8 (permalink) Thu Apr 25, 2013 19:19 pm   The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills

Hello Alan,

Many thanks.

I've made a mistake, I wanted to copy these collocations on the thread of I would like to open a thread about collocations-please write here collocations. (#519073)

Could you help me to transpose them to this thread?

I am very sorry that I disturb you with my negligency.

Best regards:
_________________

Out on bail?is it correct?worse vs. the worstHis driving scares me a lot.f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral..Not Mark, though -- he truly loves peopleHe's really trustworthyTest incompl/advan-589, Question 6Test incompl/advan-589, User's Answer 6critical acclaimUsage quit instead of leaveland vs leavevocabularies vs salaries