Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

one of two
crafted
ample
either
opposite
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

His driving scares me a lot.

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral.. | worse vs. the worst
listening exercises
His driving scares me a lot. #1 (permalink) Thu May 02, 2013 18:21 pm   His driving scares me a lot.

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #262 "Gerund and Infinitive Practice (1)", question 3

My teenage son is learning how to drive. His ......... scares me a lot.

(a) to drive
(b) drive
(c) drove
(d) driving

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #262 "Gerund and Infinitive Practice (1)", answer 3

My teenage son is learning how to drive. His driving scares me a lot.

Correct answer: (d) driving

Your answer was: correct

Hello!

I wanted to ask, is 'his driving' the same as saying 'the fact that he is going to drive'? Or maybe it means 'the way he drives'? Thanks
Joncat

His driving scares me a lot. #2 (permalink) Thu May 02, 2013 20:31 pm   His driving scares me a lot.

It's the way he drives or his driving style.

TOEIC listening, talks: Newspaper advertising rep is leaving phone message for prospective customer
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
His driving scares me a lot. #3 (permalink) Fri May 03, 2013 19:28 pm   His driving scares me a lot.

I think there is a valid argument it may also mean "the fact that he is going to drive". What if we said "My teenage son is learning how to skydive. His <skydiving> scares me a lot." I am sure the problem is not his skydiving technique, it is that he is skydiving at all.
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

His driving scares me a lot. #4 (permalink) Fri May 03, 2013 20:45 pm   His driving scares me a lot.

Many thanks for your replies, learning English can be quite complicated but it is also fun!
Joncat

f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral.. | worse vs. the worst
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Out on bail?is it correct?Not Mark, though -- he truly loves peopleHe's really trustworthyThe challenge is to perfect interpersonal skillsMeaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?to this daycritical acclaimCurt is so egotistical. He always brags about how smart he is and about how...Usage quit instead of leaveI don't know what time they'll be back this evening...Difference between other and anotherWho is calling?