list of terms and definitions (usually at the end of a book); dictionary of technical or specific terms
midday
manual
glossary
reject

Hi, this is Joey from Hong Kong

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Speaking skill: Anyone does contact me by skype | Hi all, I am from Asia and I need to improve my English
Hi, this is Joey from Hong Kong #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 27, 2006 16:01 pm   Hi, this is Joey from Hong Kong

I newly joined this today and found this forum is very helpful to ESL learners, including myself. My major problem is to understand English idioms and hope I can build up my idioms bank! :D
Joey0y

Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Welcome! #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:58 am   Welcome!

Hello, Joey, glad to welcome you to this site!

Idioms are an important aspect of language and culture and, as youíve found out, they can prove difficult for ESL learners. They are also fun to discover and use, though, donít you think (Iím a bit of an idiom fan and collector myself, actually)?

Anyway, good luck working your way through the huge and (fortunately) interminable list and all the best in your future translation career!

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Hi, this is Joey from Hong Kong #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:23 am   Hi, this is Joey from Hong Kong

Hi Joey

Don't be worried about English idioms , Do you know why ??

because you will find here the greatest teachers as Conchita and Amy and other teachers who will give you advice and tests and explanations ..
and of course you will find here great members like me !! :shock: " I was joking :lol: ... and other friends here Mba and Tamara and FangFang and a lot and a lot of lovely friends ... :wink:

Best wishes

Herc
Hercules

Location: Syria

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Please share our messenger ID!Saludos desde MTY = Cheers from Monterrey, MEXICO!I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myselfI'm a new member Tu from VietnamA member of the Earth can't use English well! Hic!Hello my name is leonardoHi, I'm Low low, the new member from MalaysiaHello, I am a student from Queensland, AustraliaHello my name is Luka and I am from Croatia...Hi, I'm new here! My name is Lukas and I'm from SlovakiaBaraa The New and Old MemberNew member Fawzi - Hi all!Hey, guys! I am Jennifer :)