having a degree or diploma; concerning studies beyond a bachelor's degree
sharp
incentive
supplementary
graduate

Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

Meaning of "actually" | Meaning of 'a very modest dish'
Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:13 am   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

ESL/EFL Test #214 "What comes next (the letter)", question 5

I believe we met for lunch in an expensive restaurant and you ..........

(a) opted the priciest item on the menu
(b) tested the priciest item on the menu
(c) chose the priciest item on the menu
(d) entered the priciest item on the menu

ESL/EFL Test #214 "What comes next (the letter)", answer 5

I believe we met for lunch in an expensive restaurant and you chose the priciest item on the menu.

Correct answer: (c) chose the priciest item on the menu

I believe we met for lunch in an expensive restaurant and you opted the priciest item on the menu.
_________________________

dear teacher,

if the option is given as 'opted for the priciest item on the menu' then is it right. Is it true that you cant use 'opted' alone.

drashti
drashti

Is it true that you cant use 'opted' alone? #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:52 am   Is it true that you cant use 'opted' alone?

.
Yes, that is correct.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #3 (permalink) Mon Nov 23, 2009 14:22 pm   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

Hi everybody, I have a question:what means "the priciest item"? I can't find in the dictionary the word "priciest". Why it's not "expensive" instead it.

Thanks in advance,

hope to hear you soon :)
Insomnia_f

Location: Bulgaria

Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #4 (permalink) Mon Nov 23, 2009 23:05 pm   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

Priciest = most pricey = most expensive. Look HERE.
_________________

Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #5 (permalink) Wed Nov 25, 2009 13:51 pm   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

Thank a lot! :)
Insomnia_f

Location: Bulgaria

Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #6 (permalink) Tue Jul 12, 2011 16:43 pm   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

When does one use choose and when opt?
AngryB

Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #7 (permalink) Tue Jul 12, 2011 23:01 pm   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

For one thing, 'opt' refers to a set of predetermined choices. For another thing, 'opt' is usually rather formal or a business term.
_________________

Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #8 (permalink) Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 pm   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

for another thing= because of one more reason..?

Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone? #9 (permalink) Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:51 pm   Is it true that you can't use 'opted' alone?

Yes
_________________

loquatious or loquacious?I painted the bathroomforced to downgrade their home and lifestyleWhen do we use do and did?What does sip mean?crossing vs crossWhat does "he'd just stride all over them" mean?Unreasonable vs. unclearExpression: dressed to the ninesExpression on your face...Use "allow me" instead of "let me"Phrase: "What are you on about?"Pay an account