to gauge; to quantify; to assess; to evaluate; to estimate
measure
specialize
precede
earn

Out on bail?

is it correct? | Usage quit instead of leave
Out on bail? #1 (permalink) Mon May 13, 2013 14:40 pm   Out on bail?

ESL/EFL Test #635 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (9)", question 1

Robert is ......... on bail right now. He was charged with possession of stolen property, but his family paid the deposit necessary for his release, so he is a free man until his court date in November.

(a) on
(b) in
(c) under
(d) out

ESL/EFL Test #635 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (9)", answer 1

Robert is out on bail right now. He was charged with possession of stolen property, but his family paid the deposit necessary for his release, so he is a free man until his court date in November.

Correct answer: (d) out
_________________________

Dear Sir,
Could you please explain me about "out on bail". Seems that Robert was charged to out from his State. Is it correct? Kindly correct me...Thanks...
Nay Chi

Out on bail? #2 (permalink) Mon May 13, 2013 17:29 pm   Out on bail?

It means that Robert is out of prison temporarily because somebody paid money to the court. Please also note that you should say 'please explain to me'.

TOEIC listening, talks: Radio commercial for insurance products

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
preposition at/on/in in the example How I got that jobworse vs. the worstHis driving scares me a lot.f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral..Not Mark, though -- he truly loves peopleThe challenge is to perfect interpersonal skillsMeaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?to this dayCurt is so egotistical. He always brags about how smart he is and about how...When I get the wrong answer I want you show, and when I choose the right answerIs "WAS" an intransitive verb here?I don't know what time they'll be back this evening...Difference between other and another