to toss or dump garbage in an unauthorized place; to scatter objects in disorder
cover
ignore
concoct
litter

Idiom: "to make the beds"

Meaning of 'turn someone off something' in this context | Meaning of "lose heart"
Idiom: "to make the beds" #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:56 am   Idiom: "to make the beds"

ESL/EFL Test #92 "Using Make and Do (2)", question 6

His mother was late because she ......... the beds before she left the house.

(a) make
(b) do
(c) made
(d) did

ESL/EFL Test #92 "Using Make and Do (2)", answer 6

His mother was late because she made the beds before she left the house.

Correct answer: (c) made

_________________________

Dear Alan,
Make the beds means clean the beds?
Ha Quynh
Ha Quynh

Idiom: "to make the beds" #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:17 am   Idiom: "to make the beds"

.
Make the bed: make it neat; straighten the covers; fresh sheets and pillowcases if necessary.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
He is being late (simple present vs. present continuous)Make + object pronoun + infinitiveMeaning of "striking a match"Meaning of "absent"Meaning of all agogExpression: to be good at + gerundExpression: to find common groundTo think of somebodyMeaning of "he couldn't part with it"Meaning of "an inadvertent action"What is a past tense word?Surely versus certainlyI walk to school VERSUS I walks to school