temporary arrangement; in between period
interim
award
composure
regular

Introduction: My name is Stanislav...

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself | Hi, happy Ramadan
Introduction: My name is Stanislav... #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 05, 2006 18:32 pm   Introduction: My name is Stanislav...

Hello there, English fans and teachers :)

My name is Stanislav. I am 17 years old and I live in Bulgaria. I study at a German language school, but English is the tongue I really like, probably because I'm much better at it :)

This year I'm going to attend English courses for the proficiency level and I hope to get the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), or at least the Certificate of Advanced English (CAE).

I'm very happy I found this site and you're likely to see me asking a lot of questions here. Having seen a lot of movies and read a lot of stuff on the Internet, I have built up a pretty accurate intuition about the English language and an extensive vocabulary but on some (not that rare) occasions I have doubts and here is the perfect place to ask for help :)

Otherwise, my interests include: programming, music (I'm a self-educated and thus not very good keyboard player), mathematics, physics and astronomy. I play basketball, table tennis, pool and chess. I love science fiction series and sitcoms. I enjoy almost every kind of music, but mostly listen to older stuff, pop and metal.

That's pretty much all I have to say about myself. I hope no one got bored of reading the effusions above - laconism has never been my strength. :roll:
Sls

Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Introduction: My name is Stanislav... #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:20 am   Introduction: My name is Stanislav...

Hi Stanislav

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to meet you and I for one enjoyed reading your post. :D

Your English is excellent, so I guess your intuition doesn't lead you astray very often. ;) Your feel for English appears to be quite accurate in general. When did you start learning English?

What sort of programming do you do?

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Introduction: My name is Stanislav... #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:28 am   Introduction: My name is Stanislav...

Hi Stanislav

Welcome!
I wish my English was like yours, in my 17. And even now :)
_________________
It’s impossible to learn swimming without entering the water…
Tamara

Introduction: My name is Stanislav... #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:45 am   Introduction: My name is Stanislav...

Thank you both for the kind words!
Yankee wrote:
When did you start learning English?

I started learning English in school when I was 8. But if it hadn't been for the additional practise I get when I work on the computer, my English would be far worse. Not until now did I decide to get a certificate though. Just to be sure, I am going to take courses in English outside school this year.
Yankee wrote:
What sort of programming do you do?

I am studying mainly application programming for Windows. I am very very far from being a professional but I have a good understanding of C/C++. I have made an unfinished Pacman clone (just for fun and practise and to see if I could). I have also occasionally had dealings with Java, Assembly, Visual Basic and Pascal and am thus familiar with their syntax but for me programming is really all about algorithmic thinking. This hobby of mine (I hope that in the future it won't be just a hobby) is the main culprit that I read lots of English articles on the Internet. Just as with the keyboard playing, I study programming alone with the help of books and Google :roll:

P.S. I don't mind and would actually appreciate it if you correct any mistakes I might have made here or make in future posts. :)
Sls

Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Introduction: My name is Stanislav... #5 (permalink) Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:29 am   Introduction: My name is Stanislav...

Salaam, sls! :o

Nice to see you here!

in this web all what you need to improve your skills
good luck in your study

best wishes

Mba
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Hi to everyone. My name is Arvind and I am from India25 year old boy from belgiumHi, I'm Almog from Israel and intend to use my EnglishHi, my name is Simon and I am a high school studentGreetings! My name is Bill and I am 25 years oldExcited fanboy :)Looking for Indians in TorontoNew ESL in Costa Rica BlogHi there, my interests are all languages and culturesPlease share our messenger ID!Saludos desde MTY = Cheers from Monterrey, MEXICO!I'm a new member Tu from VietnamA member of the Earth can't use English well! Hic!