advisor (adviser); counselor; coach; person who gives professional advice
thread
pay
consultant
exhibition

his cows broke into the grain bin

Meaning of "you can count on me" | I couldn't care less.
his cows broke into the grain bin #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 08, 2013 19:41 pm   his cows broke into the grain bin

ESL/EFL Test #240 "Confusing Words test (14)", question 8

The farmer frantically called the veterinarian when he realized his cows broke into the grain .......... His whole herd could die because too much grain at one time is bad for cows.

(a) been
(b) bin
(c) bone

ESL/EFL Test #240 "Confusing Words test (14)", answer 8

The farmer frantically called the veterinarian when he realized his cows broke into the grain bin. His whole herd could die because too much grain at one time is bad for cows.

Correct answer: (b) bin

_________________________

please explain: broke into the grain bin? =ate a bin of grain?

his cows broke into the grain bin #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 08, 2013 23:01 pm   his cows broke into the grain bin

The cows most certainly didn't eat the entire bin but just much more than they should have at one time.

TOEIC listening, question-response: When were the managers supposed to meet?

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Re: his cows broke into the grain bin #3 (permalink) Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:13 am   Re: his cows broke into the grain bin

please explain: broke into the grain bin? =ate a bin of grain? no

http://www.myenglishpages.com/site_php_files/grammar-lesson-phrasal-verb-definition.php?d=275
Note definition 1.
In your example "broke into" means that the cows somehow forced their way into the grain bin. Maybe the door or gate was not closed very securely. The cows knew that there was something delicious in the grain bin, so they kept pushing at the door or gate until it gave way and they were able to get into the bin and eat some of the grain.
Canadian45

David withheld information during the criminal investigationto travel light -- to travel without much luggagehow he would stick it outCan you hold a moment?a litter of puppiesWhen to use annouce in stead of said?How to pronounce 'one'?closing vs. stopping a meetingwhy should be fly instead of flow?Phrase: "team just won the final game"Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one anotherWhat does "likewise" mean?What does "bear" mean?