Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

opposition; appeal; denial; protest
proliferation
source
objection
satisfaction
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

how he would stick it out

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Can you hold a moment? | Meaning of "you can count on me"
listening exercises
how he would stick it out #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 08, 2013 20:31 pm   how he would stick it out

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #242 "A Sticky Moment", question 1

Andrew was terrified on the first day in his new job and he wondered how he would stick it ..........

(a) on
(b) in
(c) out
(d) across

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #242 "A Sticky Moment", answer 1

Andrew was terrified on the first day in his new job and he wondered how he would stick it out.

Correct answer: (c) out

Your answer was: incorrect
Andrew was terrified on the first day in his new job and he wondered how he would stick it in.

stick it out=to be at his best, get promoted or succeed best out of all employees=co=workers?
thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

how he would stick it out #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 08, 2013 22:59 pm   how he would stick it out

It means 'how he would be able to keep on doing the job till the end.

TOEIC listening, question-response: Could you give me a hand with this luggage?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Can you hold a moment? | Meaning of "you can count on me"
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
David withheld information during the criminal investigationto travel light -- to travel without much luggagehis cows broke into the grain binI couldn't care less.a litter of puppiesWhen to use annouce in stead of said?difference between leave and departHow to pronounce 'one'?closing vs. stopping a meetingUsage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one anotherWhat does "likewise" mean?What does "bear" mean?What is the difference between good, fine, well and OK?