to endanger; to place in danger; to imperil; to put at risk
peddle
jeopardize
package
approach

Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"?

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
About my hometown | English speaking group
Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 16, 2013 14:45 pm   Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"?

Stola /stəʊlə/
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Screen

Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 16, 2013 14:48 pm   Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"?

As far as I know there is no such word in English so you would have to indicate the language this word is in.

TOEIC listening, question-response: In which month were you born?

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"? #3 (permalink) Sun Jun 16, 2013 14:53 pm   Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"?

The word is here: http://www.onelook.com/?other=web1913&w=Stola
Stola
(n.) A long garment, descending to the ankles, worn by Roman women.
But the dictionary doesn't show its phonetics transcription.

I read it here:the-american-history.blogspot.com/2010/06/statue-of-liberty.html
It represents a woman wearing a stola, a radiant crown and sandals, trample a broken chain, transport a torch in her raised right hand.

_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Screen

Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"? #4 (permalink) Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:23 pm   Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"?

Yes, the transcription you posted is correct.

TOEIC listening, question-response: How soon can you start working for us?

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Does anybody have cock?Train ur accentMy First Voice MessagePlease give your feedback on my voiceKindly give your feedback on my 1st Recording :)my first speaking question...My first voice messageQuestion: What do you think your life will look like after retirement? Use reasonQ no.1-Question: What is your happiest childhood memory? Describe it and give reaQ no.1Question: Who has been your favourite teacher so far in your life? Use reasspeakinn Q no.1 Question: What is your most useful study aid? Describe it and expSpeaking Q no.3--Student expressingh his opinionMy first voice message