to throw away; to discard; to destroy; to damage
avail
withstand
career
trash

About my hometown

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Please give your feedback on my voice | Can you help me check the phonetics transcription of "stola"?
About my hometown #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 pm   About my hometown

Id like to talk about Bremen. A friend of mine will visit me and he speaks English and only a little bit German. Therefore I try to explain something in English which I will show him.
The first part is about the market place of Bremen.
Bremens market place came into existence at 1404.
First it had a stone-wall. Only sellers could sell on the market place whose wagons are small enough that they fitted through one of the 7 entrances.
On the market place were also the justice and execution of justice. The justice were underneath an bow of the town hall. The execution first was a wooden donkey called "Schandesel". Someone had to sit on the donkey, he was tied to the donkey and he had to feel ashamed. Later there was a pillory. And people were whipped in public.
Ralfix

Location: Germany

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Does anybody have cock?Train ur accentMy First Voice MessageEnglish speaking groupKindly give your feedback on my 1st Recording :)my first speaking question...My first voice messageQuestion: What do you think your life will look like after retirement? Use reasonQ no.1-Question: What is your happiest childhood memory? Describe it and give reaQ no.1Question: Who has been your favourite teacher so far in your life? Use reasspeakinn Q no.1 Question: What is your most useful study aid? Describe it and expSpeaking Q no.3--Student expressingh his opinionSpeaking Q no.3--Student expressing her opinion