sublime; exalted; superior
pushy
transcendent
portable
managerial

for an agreed upon amount

so I could have her call you | Who is uncle?
for an agreed upon amount #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 29, 2013 20:38 pm   for an agreed upon amount

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", question 9

A ......... is also called an occupant or a renter. This person rents an apartment, house, room etc. from the owner of the property for an agreed upon amount.

(a) tenant
(b) proprietor
(c) landlord
(d) squatter

ESL/EFL Test #725 "Real Life: Apartment Hunting (1)", answer 9

A tenant is also called an occupant or a renter. This person rents an apartment, house, room etc. from the owner of the property for an agreed upon amount.

Correct answer: (a) tenant

_________________________

for an agreed upon amount -> where there is: upon?
please explain.

for an agreed upon amount #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 29, 2013 21:23 pm   for an agreed upon amount

'upon' is not needed there. You can omit it without changing the meaning.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
for an agreed upon amount #3 (permalink) Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 am   for an agreed upon amount

agreed upon amount > the amount agreed upon > the amount upon which someone has agreed.

agreed amount > the amount agreed > the amount which someone has agreed.
(I think this is ungrammatical, so the preposition is necessary after 'agree')
_________________
Anglophile
I know only one thing - that is that I know nothing.
Anglophile

for an agreed upon amount #4 (permalink) Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 am   for an agreed upon amount

As Bev said, you don't need the preposition 'upon' here. THL, what is in your opinion the difference between 'the agreed amount' and 'the amount agreed upon'?

TOEIC listening, question-response: Do you know where the meeting will be held?

for an agreed upon amount #5 (permalink) Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 pm   for an agreed upon amount

The reader or listener would obviously understand the sentence without 'upon', as it semantically does not make a difference. However, I was talking about the grammatical aspect and I wanted to confirm my concept of the usage, i.e. the verb 'agree' taking a preposition in such cases. My line of thinking was just this:

Can we say "the grown children" for "the grown up children"?

Now, when you endorse Bev's view, I think I need to review my own concept.
_________________
Anglophile
Anglophile

for an agreed upon amount #6 (permalink) Mon Jul 01, 2013 13:02 pm   for an agreed upon amount

So are you trying to say that the term 'the agreed framework' is grammatically incorrect? By the way, please don't use the quote function when responding to my post. Many thanks.

TOEIC listening, question-response: What were you doing in China?

for an agreed upon amount #7 (permalink) Mon Jul 01, 2013 16:10 pm   for an agreed upon amount

In the light of the discussion we have had so far I cannot say it for certain now.
_________________
Anglophile
Anglophile

Meaning of "guise"?Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10send a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperDavid withheld information during the criminal investigationThe writer or author of verses is called a poet.I know it's hard, but you have to stick with itWhat does household mean?Can you give me an example of irony?difference between dither and distractwhy should be fly instead of flow?difference between setting, sketch and sonnet