movement; journeying
travel
equality
charge
deregulation

Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10

The writer or author of verses is called a poet. | Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10
Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10 #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 03, 2013 13:56 pm   Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10

ESL/EFL Test #274 "Reaching agreement", question 10

Probably the easiest solution if you can't agree on one thing or another is to ......... a coin in the air and see which side it lands on.

(a) throw
(b) move
(c) lift
(d) place

ESL/EFL Test #274 "Reaching agreement", answer 10

Probably the easiest solution if you can't agree on one thing or another is to throw a coin in the air and see which side it lands on.

Correct answer: (a) throw
_________________________

Why doesn't we say " toss up a coin" when we throw a coin into the air for deciding a matter in dispute? Are they not synonyms?Throw up a coin
very frequently is said "toss up a coin."
_________________

Meaning of "guise"?Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10for an agreed upon amountso I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperShe needs to mind her own beeswax...Smooth sailingMeaning of "It's the cat's meow"What is the meaning of butted head?What does household mean?Who is uncle?Taking books to the librarian's daughter?Can you give me an example of irony?