to open; to free from restraints; to release
reimburse
list
unlock
concrete

Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10

Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10 | Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10
Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10 #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 03, 2013 14:19 pm   Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10

ESL/EFL Test #274 "Reaching agreement", question 10

Probably the easiest solution if you can't agree on one thing or another is to ......... a coin in the air and see which side it lands on.

(a) throw
(b) move
(c) lift
(d) place

ESL/EFL Test #274 "Reaching agreement", answer 10

Probably the easiest solution if you can't agree on one thing or another is to throw a coin in the air and see which side it lands on.

Correct answer: (a) throw
_________________________

cAN WE SAY "to toss up a coin" when we say" to throw a coin into the air" for deciding a matter in dispute? Are they synonyms? Throw up a coin when we can decide we say very frequently "toss up a coin." I tried to send this message three times, but it has been rejected. Once they gave a reason that this doesn't rely on the question. NowI really would be curious that I know badly, and the two expressions are not synonyms? Can I give an explanation?
_________________

Meaning of "guise"?for an agreed upon amountso I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperback to the bullpenShe needs to mind her own beeswax...The writer or author of verses is called a poet.Smooth sailingMeaning of "It's the cat's meow"What is the meaning of butted head?Who is uncle?Taking books to the librarian's daughter?Can you give me an example of irony?