Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to make false and injurious statements about another; to defame; to vilify; to malign
assist
entrance
slander
tantalizing
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What are skyscrapers?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
She is a very nice person. | It's really sky high now
listening exercises
What are skyscrapers? #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 02, 2013 14:03 pm   What are skyscrapers?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #49 "Up in the Clouds", question 5

Question: What do they call those huge buildings in New York? Answer: They're called sky..........

(a) scratchers
(b) ticklers
(c) scrapers
(d) touchers

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #49 "Up in the Clouds", answer 5

Question: What do they call those huge buildings in New York? Answer: They're called skyscrapers.

Correct answer: (c) scrapers

Very high building one is the firsts was the Empire State Building

What are skyscrapers? #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 02, 2013 14:04 pm   What are skyscrapers?

Empire State Building

The first skyscraper in the world in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It stood as the world's tallest building for 40 years, from its completion in 1931 until construction of the World Trade Center's North Tower was completed in 1972.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
She is a very nice person. | It's really sky high now
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
i wrote an ielts writing of task 2 please come inwhen you want to market a new productIs completely wrong a collocation?What is skydiving?A butterfly is an animalhe was just skin and boneWhat does pass the buck mean?We all need to paddle our own canoe.the pedal to the metalWhat does skylight mean?Does verb phrase "speak up" mean tell the truth?What is the difference between 'fast lane' and 'fast track'?Meaning of 'limit'