Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

dividend; perk; monetary gift
voucher
semester
bonus
division
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Is completely wrong a collocation?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Does verb phrase "speak up" mean tell the truth? | What is the difference between 'fast lane' and 'fast track'?
listening exercises
Is completely wrong a collocation? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 03, 2013 16:42 pm   Is completely wrong a collocation?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #44 "Scandal", question 10

The reporter had got it ......... wrong because he found his ticket and he wasn't 'fined', he was simply 'fine'.

(a) fully
(b) fairly
(c) complete
(d) completely

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #44 "Scandal", answer 10

The reporter had got it completely wrong because he found his ticket and he wasn't 'fined', he was simply 'fine'.

Correct answer: (d) completely

I think "completely wrong" is a collocation, isn't it?

Is completely wrong a collocation? #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 03, 2013 18:32 pm   Is completely wrong a collocation?

It's just a pairing of well suited words.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Is completely wrong a collocation? #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 03, 2013 21:03 pm   Is completely wrong a collocation?

Many thanks, so they are a pairing of well suited words. It is a very good designation.

Which adverbs pairing well with the adjective "wrong"?
absolutely wrong?
all wrong ?-for example good ones?

If there are countless I don't wish to enumerate them.

Regards.

Does verb phrase "speak up" mean tell the truth? | What is the difference between 'fast lane' and 'fast track'?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
i wrote an ielts writing of task 2 please come inwhen you want to market a new productWhat are skyscrapers?What is skydiving?A butterfly is an animalShe is a very nice person.What is souvenirs?What is Ping pong?What does skylight mean?English idiom: take out the trashWhat does tail mean?Meaning of 'limit'Meaning of 'whiff'