Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

just; reasonable; handsome; light colored; clean; clear
fair
downtown
kind
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is another word for Free of Emotions?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of 'not impossible' | Meaning of sublet
listening exercises
What is another word for Free of Emotions? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 12, 2006 14:24 pm   What is another word for Free of Emotions?

English Idioms and Expressions, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Expressing Emotions", question 8

The truth is that you don't care about me or my feelings.

(a) are careful of
(b) are perceptive
(c) are inconsiderate
(d) are selfish towards

English Idioms and Expressions, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Expressing Emotions", answer 8

The truth is that you are inconsiderate me or my feelings.

Correct answer: (c) are inconsiderate

what is another word for Free of Emotions?

Chelsea
Chelsea

What is another word for Free of Emotions? #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 12, 2006 14:43 pm   What is another word for Free of Emotions?

What about to be indifferent to...to be unconcerned about
Pamela
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is another word for Free of Emotions? #3 (permalink) Thu Oct 12, 2006 14:46 pm   What is another word for Free of Emotions?

"unconcerned" or "indifferent"?

I have another question regarding question 8 though. Is it missing a preposition for the answer "are inconsiderate"? Because "The truth is that you are inconsiderate ___ me or my feelings." seems a bit odd.
Shan

'inconsiderate' and 'free of emotion' #4 (permalink) Thu Oct 12, 2006 22:30 pm   'inconsiderate' and 'free of emotion'

1...'inconsiderate of me or my feelings'

2...There are two words for 'free of emotion', 'emotionless' and 'unemotional'. Although both these words mean 'lacking emotion', they can be used quite differently. The following are examples, not a comprehensive discussion.
'emotionless' can be used for someone who has a very blank expression on their face. They aren't showing any emotion. Possibly they have a mental disease or brain injury.
'unemotional' can refer to a presentation or argument. 'She made a very reasoned and unemotional analysis of the situation.'
Canadian45
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Meaning of 'not impossible' | Meaning of sublet
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What's the difference between whatever and what?Meaning of "reference letter"Meaning of phrasal verb "run away"Meaning of MeanderDid versus madeDanger, hazard or threat?Why not use 'about' instead of 'of'?Meaning of "go Dutch"He is being late (simple present vs. present continuous)Tense agreement questionMake + object pronoun + infinitiveMeaning of "striking a match"Meaning of "absent"