wooden box; old car; old plane
imagining
figure
housing
crate

They have to match up their lies

ESL Forums | English for Beginners
many vs much. | Verb 'Be' (Unit 2)
They have to match up their lies #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 14, 2013 13:30 pm   They have to match up their lies

1) He lied to his teacher that he will be leaving tonight and Michael will conspire with him. They had to synchronized their lies in order for the lies to match.
2) They have to match up/tally up their lies.

Are the above sentences correct? I'm learning how to construct sentences by using the word synchronized and lies. Hope somebody can teach me.
St8762

They have to match up their lies #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:54 am   They have to match up their lies

No, but the idea is somewhat comprehensible. As I understand it, I may recast it in reported speech this way: In collusion with Michael, he lied to his teacher that he would be leaving that night. But they had to ensure that the lie, when repeated later by either of them, should be the same.

('Synchronize' is mostly associated with 'time'. You can synchronize your time with any other more reliable time, say, the time displayed for public in your country, or that of any other country, probably in relation to GMT. For instance, my country's time is synchronized as GMT+5hrs & 30mts)
_________________
Anglophile
I know only one thing - that is that I know nothing.
Anglophile

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
many vs much. | Verb 'Be' (Unit 2)
ESL Forums | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
many vs much.many vs much.many vs much.when not to use preposition?ask for vocabulary in department storeDifferent conjunction for same meaning.Learning New English words which don't have corresponding concepts in my native lUs vs BrUse word "Any" in sentenceI need your helpWhat you suggest to improve my English language?Unit number 10 (Why does he complete their work in time?)Introduction: I work a playwright in theater and I make some adaptations too...