content; self-satisfied; comfortable; smug
metropolitan
complacent
minimum
average

Meaning of "reference letter"

Meaning of phrasal verb "run away" | What's the difference between whatever and what?
Meaning of "reference letter" #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 15, 2006 16:54 pm   Meaning of "reference letter"

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Renting a place", question 8

It is always good to provide ......... letter to the landlord to prove that you are a good character.

(a) an accredited
(b) a touching
(c) an anonymous
(d) a reference

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Renting a place", answer 8

It is always good to provide a reference letter to the landlord to prove that you are a good character.

Correct answer: (d) a reference
_________________________

please explain me the meaning of each word
Heiner

Meaning of "reference letter" #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 15, 2006 23:30 pm   Meaning of "reference letter"

.
Why don't you start HERE?
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
'high spot' versus 'high point'Fictitious vs. fictionalUse the word by before the reflexive pronounIs 'massacred' to be used for number of people only?Meaning of delightedMeaning of equityUse of the article "a"Meaning of MeanderDid versus madeDanger, hazard or threat?Why not use 'about' instead of 'of'?Meaning of "go Dutch"Meaning of sublet