Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

transmission; dispatch; radio program
consortium
broadcast
allowance
shipyard
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Superlative form of Adjective and personality.

ESL Forum | English for Beginners
off | Does the 3 years of physical presence have to be continuous or accumulation?
listening exercises
Superlative  form of Adjective and personality. #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:37 am   Superlative form of Adjective and personality.

Why We say Alexander the Great not Alexander the greatest.
We can say The most powerful, the most beautiful , most wonderful of something.
Hamids
You can meet me at english-test.net

Superlative  form of Adjective and personality. #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:00 am   Superlative form of Adjective and personality.

'Great' is the title he was given historically.
Many monarchs were given such titles, depending on the impression they left people with, especially if there were more than one monarch with that name. The examples below are British, but other nationalities did likewise:
William the Conqueror
Edward the Magnificent
Edgar the Peaceable
Alfred the Great
Edward the Martyr
Ethelred the Unready
Edward the Confessor
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
off | Does the 3 years of physical presence have to be continuous or accumulation?
ESL Forum | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Grammar sentenceCorrect usage to say - saturday morning was come. from tom sawyer adventure.What is the correct and why to say?I'm a fourth year studentanswer the questionsClausesI am Mahboobeh, I am working as quality expert at a computer company...'used to something' vs 'used to doing' and Present perfectPresent Perfect (Unit 16)Days, Months etc. II (Unit 13)Days, Months etc. (Unit 12)What time is it? (Unit 11)Question words / Open questions (Unit 10)