cautious; particular; concentrated; meticulous
adequate
glossy
serious
careful

Please help me to correct the sentences

Could you help please? | for/ because/ punctuation
Please help me to correct the sentences #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:33 am   Please help me to correct the sentences

1. My birthday is on 20th October 1990.

2. Sometimes, I really want to express my love to my future husband that I love him so much. However, I do not have enough confidence to tell him and affrim to veryone my love to him. How could I have confident enough to tell the truth to him before my weeding?

3. Are there any differences between "at the present and in the present"?

I do not know how to use them correctly, please help me.

E.g. Conditional sentences type 1 expresses an action that can take place at/ in the present or in the future.

4. "If I have a map, I will not get lost" or "If I had a map, I would not get lost"

Many thanks
Tuyet8

Please help me to correct the sentences #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 am   Please help me to correct the sentences

I think I can help you a bit, but I need to say that I am not a teacher or have an expert knowledge in English, I am just a member in this forum. So my answer may be is not all correct.

1. I do not realize any thing wrong with it, But usually we say My birthday is 20th October 1990. (without ON)

2....... I have confident enough to tell the truth to him before my weeding? (It should be I AM confidence)

3. at the present time and at this point (in time)
Cliché now; at present. (Used often as a wordy replacement for now.)
We don't know the location of the stolen car at the present time.
The patient is doing nicely at the present time.

In the present is less specific. It simply refers to the immediate moment, whenever it may be.

Here one example of how I would use in the present.
I always lives in the present.
That means, I do not worry about the past or the future.
Waiyin Cheng

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Please help me to correct the sentences #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:22 am   Please help me to correct the sentences

2. Sometimes, I really want to express my love to my future husband, that I love him so much. However, I do not have enough confidence to tell him and affirm to everyone my love for him. How could I have confidence enough {or "How could I be confident enough"} to tell the truth to him before my wedding?

4. "If I have a map, I will not get lost" or "If I had a map, I would not have gotten lost"

Please help me to correct the sentences #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:27 am   Please help me to correct the sentences

4. I think both are correct , It just different meanings.
"If I have a map, I will not get lost" . It does not happen yet, you just think how it should be and be certain about it.
"If I had a map, I would not have gotten lost" (As Lurchen Help). You got lost already because you did not have a map. So you wish you had a map but the incident already happened in the past.

2. Lurchen already shed the light on it. Yes my answer is not correct ( I forgot the Could, it should be "How could I be ..." )
Waiyin Cheng

Please help me to correct the sentences #5 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:48 am   Please help me to correct the sentences

Many thanks Tutors,

However, I don't know how I have to use "would not have gotten lost" not "would not get lost" in this sentence.: "If I have a map, I would not have gotten lost".
Tuyet8

Please help me to correct the sentences #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:07 pm   Please help me to correct the sentences

Hi Tuyet,

Did you see Waiyin Cheng's example in message #4. He explained it quite well.
_________________

Please help me to correct the sentences #7 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:37 pm   Please help me to correct the sentences

If I have a map, I will not get lost becomes If I had a map, I would not get lost.
_________________

Please help me to correct the sentences #8 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:49 pm   Please help me to correct the sentences

yes, I meant as Alan changed, so Please help me to explain how it is.

Tuyet8

Please help me to correct the sentences #9 (permalink) Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 am   Please help me to correct the sentences

In the first sentence (If I have …) you are talking about something that is possible. In the second sentence (If i had ….) you are talking about something that might happen - it is not necessarily a reality but something you think about - it is in your mind.

_________________

Please help me to correct the sentences #10 (permalink) Fri Nov 15, 2013 16:36 pm   Please help me to correct the sentences

Tuyet8 wrote:

If I had had a map, I would not have got (gotten) lost.
_________________
Anglophile
I know only one thing - that is that I know nothing.
Anglophile

Please correctCan I contact any user?Clear my doubtsam I foolish thaton the flyI bought the car in full by non instalment.Search your heartTo say the least/ That's the least you could say. Same meaning?there's no questionHow much or how many? Please help me.Is ol' shorter than old?Modal - 'can'Pronunciation of 'didn't'. Is the 2nd d in 'didn't' BrE voiced or not at all?