to establish; to create; to build; to set up; to start a company
resolve
legitimate
found
chart

there's no question

I bought the car in full by non instalment. | on the fly
there's no question #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:50 pm   there's no question

Toying with the expression ‘there's no question ‘ in: "Asked if some of the challenges and criticisms faced by President Barack Obama were down to the colour of his skin, she said: "There's no question.", it just struck me that should you drop the ‘there’s’, the answer (“No question.”) could be treated differently (1= certainly/ absolutely; 2=no question of it/no possibility). What do you say?
Eugene2114

there's no question #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:55 pm   there's no question

I don't think it matters whether the 'there's' is dropped or not. I think the answer is ambiguous unless you add 'There's no question that it did.'
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
there's no question #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 15, 2013 0:40 am   there's no question

I'd say

"There's no question." is short for "There's no question about it/that." = it is certain.

Beeesneees wrote:
I think the answer is ambiguous unless you add 'There's no question that it did.'

Hi Bev, did you mean to write "There's no question that they were."?
_________________
If you're going through hell... keep going.
Cristina.ro

there's no question #4 (permalink) Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 am   there's no question

LOL, yes. That'll teach me to read the statement carefully. Well spotted.

For me, I think without the addition, the answer could equally mean 'there's no question that it didn't' or even 'There's no question. it's not relevant'.
_________________

there's no question #5 (permalink) Sat Nov 16, 2013 0:17 am   there's no question

Cristina.ro wrote:
I'd say

I kind of neglected to add that I think the same goes for "No question."

Look what I've found:
http://thesaurus.com/browse/no%20question
http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/no+question.html
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/question

No? :)
_________________
Cristina.ro

there's no question #6 (permalink) Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:26 am   there's no question

I'd agree concerning 'no question' but for me preceding that with 'there's' adds just a touch of ambiguity.
_________________

Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of OctobercorrectionYou are the last person I'd want/ want & She never has had or has never had."My Writing" OR "My Writings"Please correctCan I contact any user?Clear my doubtsam I foolish thatfor/ because/ punctuationSearch your heartTo say the least/ That's the least you could say. Same meaning?How much or how many? Please help me.Modal - 'can'