to advertise; to bring to the attention of a large audience
publicize
perfect
counter
temper

Clear my doubts

am I foolish that | How much or how many? Please help me.
Clear my doubts #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:07 pm   Clear my doubts

I have the following questions:

1. Is there any basic difference between "would likely" and "would" especially if I want to say that something may or is expected to happen in the future?

2. What tense does we use with"while'. For example: Can I say 1. I was reading while he listened to me or...While I was reading, he listened to me.

3. We know that " which" is non-definite. My question is - does "which" uses with a noun or with a clause? For example: My house is located in a village, which is very inconvenient for me - is the the right expression to say if I mean that since my house is located in a village, it is very inconvenient for us to commute? or with which I specifically mean the village instead of the whole clause?

4. Is it right to say: The sensex fell down by 10% from its peak level in February, 2013?
5. What is the basic difference between "than" and "as compared to". For example, The sales in third quarter has declined by 5% as compared to/than/from the year-ago period.

5. Can I say- Following the acquisition, the company was incorporated into the pharmaceutical division of AZ company?

6. Where to use "foresee" and where "expect" and where "forecast

7. What is the difference between "ensure" and "make sure"
Bonychat

Clear my doubts #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 16, 2013 14:17 pm   Clear my doubts

1. Perhaps you could give an example? IO would say there was a difference. 'Would' is more definite than 'would likely' which indicates 'would be likely to...'

2. You can use both the example you mention. Your question should be, "What tense do we use with...". Your examples are the same tense (past). You can also use any other tense.

3. your example is okay. The question should be, "Is which used with..."

4. The Sensex fell by 10% from its peak in February, 2013. - Not 'fell down' and 'level' is unnecessary.

5. Your example is very confused and 'than' would not be used there even when the sentence was corrected.

5b. yes

6. That is a very general question. Those words have different meaning. I suggest you provide an example.

7. Often there is no significant difference.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Clear my doubts #3 (permalink) Sat Nov 16, 2013 18:38 pm   Clear my doubts

Sir,

It means I can use "which" or "that" to connect two independent clauses or a new idea. Please suggest.

For example:

1. I study till late night for exam, which is not a good practice. (instead of I study till late night for exam and it is not a good practice).

2. The report publishes a list of risks and opportunities for this sector, which include/ or including cyber threat, price depreciation and so on.

Please guide me to understand the use of which in this context.
Bonychat

ten days' holiday/ a holiday of ten dayssomething/anythingmatchingSome confuses for positive compare. please help me.Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of OctobercorrectionJust simply simple present/ past or subjunctive mood.You are the last person I'd want/ want & She never has had or has never had."My Writing" OR "My Writings"Please correctCan I contact any user?on the flyI bought the car in full by non instalment.