device with a wide opening at the top which narrows as it reaches the bottom
confirmation
tenure
funnel
security

Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October

correction | Some confuses for positive compare. please help me.
Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 17, 2013 15:11 pm   Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October

I like to know using begins is correct in the following sentence or I have to change it, I am eager if you have a better suggestion.

"Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October.
Morvarid798

Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 17, 2013 15:25 pm   Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October

That sentence is okay, though 'sugar cane' is two words. It is not 'using begins' but 'usually begins' - it is normal for it to begin.

There is also nothing wrong with 'begins at the beginning' though if you did wish to avoid the repeat of the same root word you could say:
Harvesting of sugar cane fields usually commences at the beginning of October
or
Harvesting of sugar cane fields usually begins in the first weeks of October.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
grammar correction requesteddid not open the door for me toThe city's architectural style has the incorporation.ten days' holiday/ a holiday of ten dayssomething/anythingmatchingJust simply simple present/ past or subjunctive mood.You are the last person I'd want/ want & She never has had or has never had.guess who SAY or guess who SAYS"My Writing" OR "My Writings"Please correctCan I contact any user?Clear my doubts