Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to list; to describe; to specify; to assign
detail
emulate
merchandise
reinforce
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Some confuses for positive compare. please help me.

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October | matching
listening exercises
Some confuses for positive compare. please help me. #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 17, 2013 16:19 pm   Some confuses for positive compare. please help me.

Are these sentences right? If not please help me to correct them. Many thanks

1. He is as tall as me/ I.

2. I can't run as fast as him/ he can.

And two more sentences, please help me to correct them.

1. We donít have any banana or bananas.
2. Today I have a saying-lesson, so I have to spend time learning it by heart.
Tuyet8
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: Some confuses for positive compare. please help me. #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 17, 2013 17:15 pm   Re: Some confuses for positive compare. please help me.

Tuyet8 wrote:
1. He is as tall as me/ I. [me = the kind of English that most people nowadays use; I / I am = the kind of English that most books still teach. If you want to sound like a native speaker among friends, use "me." If you are writing a formal report or speaking to a group of very well-educated people, you MIGHT want to use "I" or "I am." That is my OPINION. Even many well-educated and important people today, however, would use "me." On an examination, your teacher probably expects "I."]

2. I can't run as fast as him/ he can. [The same answer as above. "I can't run as fast as him/ he / he can.]

And two more sentences, please help me to correct them.

1. We donít have any bananas. [plural]

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Tuyet:

I have made some suggestions above.

I did not understand "saying-lesson," so I did not make any suggestions.

James
James M
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Some confuses for positive compare. please help me. #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 17, 2013 17:37 pm   Some confuses for positive compare. please help me.

A possible suggestion for the 'saying lesson' sentence:

We have to give an oral presentation, so I have spent time learning my presentation by heart.
or
We have a speaking/oracy lesson , so I have spent time learning the language patterns and sentence structures by heart.
Language Coach

Harvesting of sugarcane fields usually begins at the beginning of October | matching
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
His performance became the benchmark.grammar correction requesteddid not open the door for me toThe city's architectural style has the incorporation.ten days' holiday/ a holiday of ten dayssomething/anythingcorrectionJust simply simple present/ past or subjunctive mood.You are the last person I'd want/ want & She never has had or has never had.guess who SAY or guess who SAYS"My Writing" OR "My Writings"Please correctCan I contact any user?