danger; risk; game of chance
close
hazard
express
vaccination

Ways of creating emphasis while writing dialogue.toeflŪ type 6.

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Speech: how a good person affects others. Please correct. | ToeflŪ@Speaking
Ways of creating emphasis while writing dialogue.toefl type 6. #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 11, 2013 16:06 pm   Ways of creating emphasis while writing dialogue.toefl type 6.

Listening;

q;using the examples mentioned by the professor ,describe two ways that writer creates emphasis when writing dialogue.
_________________
I want to improve my speaking .
Huriahkh

Ways of creating emphasis while writing dialogue.toefl type 6. #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 11, 2013 16:51 pm   Ways of creating emphasis while writing dialogue.toefl type 6.

The professor in this lecture discusses two ways that writer creates emphasis when writing dialogue. The first way is emphasis in which writer describes things or feelings more bigger than they really are. She provides an example to illustrate this. The character of the story is very tired and after long walk she says that I cannot take another step. This is exaggerated statement. Another way is understatement in which writer describes things less than they are. THE professor provides an example to illustrate this. My friend Ed is very talented cook and one day she cooked meal. Instead of saying that his food is really good, I said that food is not very bad. That is how the professor explains this.
I am very confused about the use of ''his '' second example?
_________________
I want to improve my speaking .
Huriahkh

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Ways of creating emphasis while writing dialogue.toefl type 6. #3 (permalink) Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:52 am   Ways of creating emphasis while writing dialogue.toefl type 6.

This is what I heard in your recording - it is a bit different than your transcript at the end.

The professor in this lecture discusses two ways that writer creates emphasis when writing dialogue. The first way is exaggeration in which writer describes things or feelings more bigger than they really are. The professor provides an example to illustrate this. The character of the story is very tired and after a long walk she says that I can't take another step. This is exaggerated statement. Another way is understatement in which writer creates emphasis by saying less than he really means. Now the professor illustrates this by an example. My friend Ed is very talented cook. He cook delicious meat. And I create more interesting statement by saying that your food is not bad. That is how the professor illustrate this.

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Don't Forget Your Vitamins.The importance of correctly pronouncing people's namesSpeaking topic: your most memorable personwhat is the best class you have taken in schoolToeflŪ Speaking: A place you go to oftenSocial interaction.(audience effect)Bus service elimination plan.ToeflŪ type 3.Exaggeraation in advertisement.toeflŪ q 6.ind speech.Traditional learning and online learning.Types of attention.toeflŪ q 6.speech q6.'' motivation''Talk about the photograph or painting.=registeration for student biology class.