to make a summary; to give a report; to inform; to instruct somebody
fulfill
brief
lecture
thread

Integrated speaking Q3 : evening classes

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
What is your most important possession? | Reading article: Non verbal signals
Integrated speaking Q3 : evening classes #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:28 am   Integrated speaking Q3 : evening classes

Reading passage :

The computer department is considering offering evening classes in the fall. The proposal to add the classes is a response to student complaints that daytime computer classes have become increasingly overcrowded and there are no longer enough computers available. The department has decided that despite some added expenses, the most cost-effective way of addressing this problem is by adding computer classes in the evening. It is hoped that this change will decrease the number of students enrolled in day classes and thus guarantee individual access to computers for all students in computer classes.

Listening :

Male student: I just do not think this will work.

Female student: Why not?

Male student: Because its not gonna solve the problem. Students are busy at night. We have jobs families, clubs, and social events. Most of us have something to do every single night of this week.

Female: I see your point. I sure your point. I sure could not fit any thing in to my schedule during week. I have got swimming practice most nights.

Male: Right as for as expenses goes, they are going about the wrong way. I mean it cost money hire more teachers and keep the academic building later. Which is lot more expenses than buying more computers.

Female: more computers.

Male: that is right. Computers have come away down the past few years, so the department would not have to spend as much money as they did in the past. Besides, the computer department classrooms, you know ,room themselves are very large...there is plenty of space to add more computers.

I think I missed the last point of larger rooms
Lastt

Re: Integrated speaking Q3 : evening classes #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 03, 2014 20:53 pm   Re: Integrated speaking Q3 : evening classes

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.
Hobut

Location: Tehran, Iran

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Integrated speaking Q3 : evening classes #3 (permalink) Mon Feb 10, 2014 17:25 pm   Integrated speaking Q3 : evening classes

Parul

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
pronunciation "stirring"For TOEICŪ base simulatorFor TOEICŪ base simulatorSuccessful experinceplease check my pronunciationAlex Baldwin does a great English accent (for a yank)Why / waI /Lack of confidence or lack of knowledge?Don't Forget Your Vitamins.The importance of correctly pronouncing people's namesWhat is your favorite place to visit on weekends?Who is your best friend?Speaking topic: your most memorable person