Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

forward movement; progress; promotion
advancement
bank
crop
internal
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

please check my pronunciation

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
pronunciation "stirring" | Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?
listening exercises
please check my pronunciation #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 14, 2014 19:53 pm   please check my pronunciation

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

138 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

Hello, everybody!

Now I'm retelling a text extract and I'd be glad if you check my pronunciation. I'm not sure if my intonation is correct. Thanks a lot!

Her career is older than most of her fans, and some may say that, now in her fifties, it's time she slowed down and left the stage to younger performers. But the truth is that she still puts on an amazing show, and her tours continue to sell out.

please check my pronunciation #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 01, 2014 16:45 pm   please check my pronunciation

I thought it was pretty good!

Sorry the recording function isn't working for me. The only real issue I hear is that like a lot of Russians, you are pronouncing "her" with a long e, like "here". It should be with a short e, like "fur", or "sir". Also, you are dropping the "g" on your "ing" words, which might be better than the common Russian accent error of putting too much stress on it. But overall I really had no trouble understanding your words, your intonation seemed fine.
Luschen
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
please check my pronunciation #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 01, 2014 19:28 pm   please check my pronunciation

Thanks, Luschen!

pronunciation "stirring" | Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Arthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first messageRodger pronunciationA book you have not read but are interested in readingPronunciation of "wooed"Speak fluentlyFor TOEICŪ base simulatorFor TOEICŪ base simulatorSuccessful experinceAlex Baldwin does a great English accent (for a yank)Speaking Practice: travelWhy / waI /