something which is permanently or securely attached; set date for a sporting event
barrier
fixture
quarter
humidity

from the ground up

Differences: advantages, reasons, profits, effects | use of 'on' in participal phrase
from the ground up #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 15, 2014 17:35 pm   from the ground up

There are many interesting stories of people who built successful internet-based companies from the ......... up that came to light around the year 2000.

(a) sand
(b) ground
(c) trees
(d) brain

There are many interesting stories of people who built successful internet-based companies from the ground up that came to light around the year 2000.

Correct answer: (b) ground
_________________________

brain up is right
Anju Singh

from the ground up #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 15, 2014 18:35 pm   from the ground up

'Brain up' is incorrect.
The correct answer is provided in the line quoted above your response.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
"formidable" instead of "formidible"Why is this wrong?Order vs. ordersANDLaura's ex-husband is a dead beat dad...His girlfriend sounded crosscome across shadyWhat is the meaning of expression 'hitch in your giddyup'?Conditional II questionMeaning of the word defiantpassed vs. pastMeaning of "all day long"Difference between the words 'reason' and 'cause'