Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to presume to be true; to hypothesize; to believe
grant
remember
dot
suppose
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

collecting criminals across the city

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hi Friends | Greetings from Brazil
listening exercises
collecting criminals across the city #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 20, 2014 16:09 pm   collecting criminals across the city

Could any one write a better sentence instead of

Some governments build prisons to collecting criminals across the city while some.....

BR,
Swan
Swan
I'm here quite often ;-)

collecting criminals across the city #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 20, 2014 16:37 pm   collecting criminals across the city

Prisons don't collect prisoners.
What is the rest of the sentence?
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
collecting criminals across the city #3 (permalink) Sun Apr 20, 2014 16:48 pm   collecting criminals across the city

I am trying to write a essay about different ways of decreasing crime rate in societies and intended to say just builing taugher and bigger prisons does not work to collect criminals across the cities.
Swan
I'm here quite often ;-)

collecting criminals across the city #4 (permalink) Sun Apr 20, 2014 21:08 pm   collecting criminals across the city

Then use 'hold' rather than 'collect'.
Language Coach

Hi Friends | Greetings from Brazil
ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Hi everyone!Speaking English and making friends! Here is Lorena from Romaniabig hello to everyoneMeet with writer, blogger Rizwan Ahmed MemonNever wanted to be uncivil. I was extremely upset. I'm sorryBig Hello to all of you !!Hello!Hi All,Im mo and im from iran :)HelloHello, everyone! I'm in Beijing, practicing to write my B-school essayHello everyonewhat is your traditional Food ?A little bit about me