Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to contest; to contend against another; to participate in a contest
compete
reprove
remain
reach
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"formidable" instead of "formidible"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why is this wrong? | His girlfriend sounded cross
listening exercises
"formidable" instead of "formidible" #1 (permalink) Fri May 02, 2014 13:25 pm   "formidable" instead of "formidible"

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #453 "Risk in the FX Market", question 1

The average volume in FX markets is around US$2 trillion, which poses ......... challenge to developing and maintaining robust cross border currency settlement process; a robust cross-currency settlement process is therefore a need of the day.

(a) a forcible
(b) a formidable
(c) an indomitable
(d) an invincible

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #453 "Risk in the FX Market", answer 1

The average volume in FX markets is around US$2 trillion, which poses a formidible challenge to developing and maintaining robust cross border currency settlement process; a robust cross-currency settlement process is therefore a need of the day.

Correct answer: (b) a formidible

Hello Everyone,

There is an error to the word "formidible", it should be "formidable" instead of "formidible".

Kind regards
Mickhael
You can meet me at english-test.net

"formidable" instead of "formidible" #2 (permalink) Fri May 02, 2014 13:32 pm   "formidable" instead of "formidible"

Absolutely! Thanks, Mickhael. I have fixed it on this thread, but I have forgotten how to fix the original. I hope Torsten or Alan will take care of that.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
"formidable" instead of "formidible" #3 (permalink) Fri May 02, 2014 14:09 pm   "formidable" instead of "formidible"

Hi Mister Micawber,

Where have you been keeping yourself? Sorry, I don't mean to be nosy - I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your name with a recent post. :-)))

I hope you are well. Welcome back!

Why is this wrong? | His girlfriend sounded cross
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Agreement and Disgreement.Order vs. ordersANDuse of 'on' in participal phrasefrom the ground upConditional II questionpassed vs. pastWhat is the difference between "end" and "end up"?Difference between the words 'reason' and 'cause'"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plansDifferences: advantages, reasons, profits, effectsDetached vs. separateWhat does it mean: ingredients