Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

end; closing; concluding; final; mortal
circumspect
routine
terminal
idle
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Pronunciation of "wooed"

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Listening comprehension and spelling test? | A book you have not read but are interested in reading
listening exercises
Pronunciation of "wooed" #1 (permalink) Tue May 20, 2014 10:25 am   Pronunciation of "wooed"

How do you pronounce wooed?
Is it "wu:d" or "wu:ed"?

I've always thought it's "wu:d", but in "Let's Go to Prison", Barry said "prepare to be wu:ed by the master" which surprised me. Was it an exaggeration?
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Pronunciation of "wooed" #2 (permalink) Tue May 20, 2014 15:54 pm   Pronunciation of "wooed"

It was an exaggeration reminiscent of an old fashioned way of speaking.
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Pronunciation of "wooed" #3 (permalink) Wed May 21, 2014 6:47 am   Pronunciation of "wooed"

Thanks!
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Listening comprehension and spelling test? | A book you have not read but are interested in reading
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
speaking practice 2Speaking practice for ToeflŪ testWhich is more polite?I have a question ;)Arthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first messageRodger pronunciationSpeak fluentlypronunciation "stirring"For TOEICŪ base simulatorFor TOEICŪ base simulatorSuccessful experince