end; closing; concluding; final; mortal
circumspect
routine
terminal
idle

Pronunciation of "wooed"

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Listening comprehension and spelling test? | A book you have not read but are interested in reading
Pronunciation of "wooed" #1 (permalink) Tue May 20, 2014 10:25 am   Pronunciation of "wooed"

How do you pronounce wooed?
Is it "wu:d" or "wu:ed"?

I've always thought it's "wu:d", but in "Let's Go to Prison", Barry said "prepare to be wu:ed by the master" which surprised me. Was it an exaggeration?
_________________

Pronunciation of "wooed" #2 (permalink) Tue May 20, 2014 15:54 pm   Pronunciation of "wooed"

It was an exaggeration reminiscent of an old fashioned way of speaking.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Pronunciation of "wooed" #3 (permalink) Wed May 21, 2014 6:47 am   Pronunciation of "wooed"

Thanks!
_________________

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
speaking practice 2Speaking practice for ToeflŪ testWhich is more polite?I have a question ;)Arthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first messageRodger pronunciationSpeak fluentlypronunciation "stirring"For TOEICŪ base simulatorFor TOEICŪ base simulatorSuccessful experince