to hypnotize; to enthrall
entrance
permeate
inform
invest

Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as...

The use of 'as per': 'Enclosed is the shipment...' | Meaning of expression: let one's comment
Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as... #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:18 pm   Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as...

1. Most Willian Faulkner's novels deal with the universal problem of evil as represented by family disintergration and degeneration. ( I changed it to "problems"...)

2. Declined populations in the centers of American cities have resulted in a large number of abandoned buildings. ( I changed it to "declining"...)

3. John Crowe Ransom's poetry reflects with sophisticated wit and irony the popular thematic of Southern decadence. ( It should be "them"??)

4. Most lakes were formed about glacial action. ( by)

5. The adult mosquito usually lives for about thirty days, although the life span varied widely with temperature, humidity, and other factors of the environment. (there's something wrong with the tense, it should be "varies"...)

What do you think?
_________________
If you want to change the world, be one of the change.
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as... #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 26, 2006 13:20 pm   Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as...

Hi Rosalisa

Your corrections look good except for the spelling in 3.
There are also some typos in 1:

1. Most of William Faulkner's novels...)

3. theme

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as... #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:46 am   Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as...

Hi Amy, :D

Thanks a lot for your corrections. The typos came from my typing fast.
_________________
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Free-for-all: just my today's homework :)Use the expression "most probably"As a matter of glissYour looks are laughable, unphotographable, Yet...Pure air vs. Clear airMailshot(s) = junk mail?Comparative DegreeMeaning of "Cutting Edge"Meaning of 'He was taken off his round''Climb up' versus 'Climb over''Come in' versus 'Come on in'Expression: 'According to me'Difference between hold and keep