organization; custom; convention; law or activity which is accepted in a society
cutback
maximum
institution
prospect

Different conjunction for same meaning.

ESL Forums | English for Beginners
doesn't vs. does not | ask for vocabulary in department store
Different conjunction for same meaning. #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:02 am   Different conjunction for same meaning.

Is it to correct to say.
The tea is too hot to drink to express that The tea is so hot that no one can drink it.
Hamids

Different conjunction for same meaning. #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:30 am   Different conjunction for same meaning.

Is it to correct to say, "The tea is too hot to drink," to express the idea that the tea is so hot that no one can drink it.

That's okay, though it could also indicate that the speaker finds it too hot to drink, while others may be able to drink it that way.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
ESL Forums | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
many vs much.many vs much.many vs much.many vs much.when not to use preposition?Learning New English words which don't have corresponding concepts in my native lGrammar sentenceCorrect usage to say - saturday morning was come. from tom sawyer adventure.They have to match up their liesUs vs BrUse word "Any" in sentenceWhat time is it? (Unit 11)Simple Present III (Unit 9)