Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to make better; to increase in quality; to enhance; to develop
exhibit
improve
part
empty
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Which is more polite?

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
I have a question ;) | What do you think of this audio recording (1 present simple)?
listening exercises
Which is more polite? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 17:47 pm   Which is more polite?

Hello,
Which is more polite? B1 or B2?

To a friend:
B1: Would you like some juice?
B2: Have some juice.
BlackCitadel
I'm here quite often ;-)

Which is more polite? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 19:21 pm   Which is more polite?

Obviously the one where they are given the option!
Language Coach

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Which is more polite? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 19:26 pm   Which is more polite?

Can you explain this to me please?
Because I have read in my book that the utterance "Have a juice" is a directive and involves a benefit to the hearer. ( I don't know if they mean that it is more polite)
BlackCitadel
I'm here quite often ;-)

Which is more polite? #4 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 21:56 pm   Which is more polite?

Don't you think it is more polite to give someone the option to have something than to demand they have something?
Language Coach

Which is more polite? #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:42 am   Which is more polite?

Thank you Beeesneees,
I can say no more than you are the best active person helping me here.
BlackCitadel
I'm here quite often ;-)

I have a question ;) | What do you think of this audio recording (1 present simple)?
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Independent task: Someone you feel close to.Perfect pronounciationAny help! School Interview?Word ''Key'' pronunciation?speaking practice ?How to teach the phonics to the 2nd and 3rd primary stage?speaking practice 2Speaking practice for ToeflŪ testArthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first messageRodger pronunciationA book you have not read but are interested in reading