to make better; to increase in quality; to enhance; to develop
exhibit
improve
part
empty

Which is more polite?

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
I have a question ;) | What do you think of this audio recording (1 present simple)?
Which is more polite? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 17:47 pm   Which is more polite?

Which is more polite? B1 or B2?

To a friend:
B1: Would you like some juice?
B2: Have some juice.
BlackCitadel

Location: Egypt, Cairo

Which is more polite? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 19:21 pm   Which is more polite?

Obviously the one where they are given the option!
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Which is more polite? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 19:26 pm   Which is more polite?

Can you explain this to me please?
Because I have read in my book that the utterance "Have a juice" is a directive and involves a benefit to the hearer. ( I don't know if they mean that it is more polite)
BlackCitadel

Location: Egypt, Cairo

Which is more polite? #4 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2014 21:56 pm   Which is more polite?

Don't you think it is more polite to give someone the option to have something than to demand they have something?
_________________

Which is more polite? #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:42 am   Which is more polite?

Thank you Beeesneees,
I can say no more than you are the best active person helping me here.
BlackCitadel

Location: Egypt, Cairo

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Independent task: Someone you feel close to.Perfect pronounciationAny help! School Interview?Word ''Key'' pronunciation?speaking practice ?How to teach the phonics to the 2nd and 3rd primary stage?speaking practice 2Speaking practice for ToeflŪ testArthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first messageRodger pronunciationA book you have not read but are interested in reading