chain; shackle
languish
fetter
environ
denudate

The increased reliance on tech will cause the humans ability to think to deterior

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test
(Readings) Electride | GREŽ female study partner
The increased reliance on tech will cause the humans ability to think to deterior #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 01, 2014 19:03 pm   The increased reliance on tech will cause the humans ability to think to deterior

The Issue Task:
As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.
Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

No doubt that our we are living in the era of technology. But arguing that depending on technology will end up effecting the humanity through hindering their thinking abilities is definitely inaccurate.

The recent technological advancements is are saving us a lot of time through handling our daily routine tasks and processing them in a quick manner. Consequently, an increasing amount of free time is now available for us as a human kind. Such time is devoted for more complicated and advanced tasks that depends on a higher level of thinking thinking level to achieve. Simple tasks usually take a huge amount of our time and force us to live anxiously in alert until we they are done. Such anxiety will narrow our thinking abilities. However, not bounded to take care about such minor tasks will free our minds and create the proper conditions to wander in the realm of innovation which will lead to further thinking development and later in to the advancement of the human beings as all.

In addition, nobody debunks the fact that technology is now adays playing a vital role is in decision making. Still, the human mind should be present during such a process else the results would not be that punctual. Take for example the "Desicion Decision Support Systems" used by high level managers in global firms. Although it is true that such systems present different solutions for any encountered problems, the managers should evaluate such suggestions according to the globally strategy they are following, the previous experience of such manager their previous experiences, etc... In fact, such example clearly shows that the usage of technology encouraged humans to conduct higher thinking levels after handling the details for them.

On the other hand, some would argue that depending on technology a lot will decrease the usage of different brain taks tasks and by time such processes {not clear: what processes?} will effect negativaly negatively the abilites abilities of the brain. One example would be memory. If you do not use memory through memorizing even small details, this powerful task will deteriorate. And now adays we are no longer memorizing tasks. Instead, we are using but use available smart phones' applications to do so. And this is the case for phone number even for our parents, siblings, and children! Such behavior will -for sure- limit our memorization ability seriously.

In conlusion conclusion, the technology have helped human kind to enhance his their thinking levels after taking care of minor details and tasks on his behlf behalf. Still such handling is in fact effecting our thinking abilities for some extent. The big question here is that are we going to keep taking advantage of the high thinking levels the technology is providing us with and at the same time overcome its simple disadvantages?
Mochad

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
Increased audience in a radio stationTo understand the characteristics of a society, one must study its major citiesThe difference between GREŽ and TOEFLŽ writing sectionsunderstanding the most important characteristics of a societyResearchers should not limit their investigations to practical applicationGREŽ essay Ability of human thinking may deteriorate with dependence on technologyTeachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.reading tests please help me(Reading)Feminism and Black artist(Reading) Pinnipeds, sea lions and walruses(Argument 1) Are the baskets all made by the Paleans?(Reading) sociobiology of temite and rhesus macaquesGREŽ argument essay: Honor code system