pertaining to or involving or having the nature of space
ultimate
coinciding
spatial
incommodious

Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test
reading tests please help me | GRE® essay Ability of human thinking may deteriorate with dependence on technology
Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance. #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 13, 2014 18:56 pm   Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.

The extent of salaries of teachers is a controversial issue in the sense that it is ambiguous whether it should depend on the academic performance of students. The performance-based salary system might be beneficial for incentive issues, but it can hurt the communication between teachers and students on the other hand. Therefore, we cannot fully accept such a mechanism as an objective truth for the reasons as follows.
First of all, the payment mechanism basing on the correspondent success of students might enhance the effort of teachers by giving them incentive to participate more actively in students’ academic activities. A constant rate of wage for teacher can reduce the enthusiastisism to evaluate and develop children’s level of educational achievement. For example, teacher might think that they receive their wage anyway regardless of how much they contribute to the students’ life and it might be unnecessary to monitor the progress of students in class. In addition, it would become possible to redistribute the total income among educators in favor of the good teachers as a reward for their struggle. If that is the case, some eager teachers might try more to educate students, maybe to make more money to be used for their need.
On the other hand, we cannot easily say that it is the correct mechanism for education system for the well-being of students and of teachers. For some schools where students’ success is relatively lower than others, it would be a great challenge to increase the performance of students and it would discourage teachers’ salaries. Moreover, there would be a grade inflation in the sense that some teachers might cheat and give higher grades to gain an additional amount of income. If that is the case, it become more and more difficult to evaluate the true development in the academic records and results in unrealistic educational interpretations.
As a result, it is not easy to accept a statement completely even if it has correct emphasis on some issues, as the determination of salaries of teacher on the basis of students’ performance. It can also be said that there can be other ways to increase the focus of teachers on their jobs other than student performance-based mechanism, which might have less harmful side effects as a whole system.
Umit

Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance. #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 13, 2014 21:40 pm   Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.

TITLE EDITED.
Please help everyone to make the most of this forum and its resources by giving your threads meaningful and relevant subject lines.
_________________

GRE Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 750 free GRE Vocabulary TestsGRE Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GRE scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGRE Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GRE vocabulary words you need to pass the GRE with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
OV1 reading mixed practice 1Issue - What should students base their study choices on?A strong template for the GRE® Analytical WritingIncreased audience in a radio stationArgument (Weakening): Baskets were not found first by Paleans!To understand the characteristics of a society, one must study its major citiesThe difference between GRE® and TOEFL® writing sectionsunderstanding the most important characteristics of a societyResearchers should not limit their investigations to practical application(Reading)Feminism and Black artistThe increased reliance on tech will cause the humans ability to think to deterior(Readings) Electride(Reading) Pinnipeds, sea lions and walruses