occurrence; occasion; example; illustration
carpenter
instance
safety
leather

Speaking practice for Toefl® test

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
speaking practice 2 | How to teach the phonics to the 2nd and 3rd primary stage?
Speaking practice for Toefl test #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 30, 2014 15:59 pm   Speaking practice for Toefl test

1\What type of music do you enjoy most? Explain why you enjoy this type of music.

My favorite type of music is rock and roll. I believe that speaking of rock music, the scene that first comes to your mind is that a crowd of people stand close to each other, yelling and jumping. Well that’s fair. But rock music is a lot more than that. In fact, what makes rock music so different is that the content is so diversified. You know, the songs are not only about love stories, but they also express concerns about some social problems, and they raise doubts about destiny, and more importantly, they encourage people to pursue their dreams in spite of all the difficulties. So that’s the part that attracts me the most about rock music.

2\Many college students will get homesick when they go away to college. What do you think college students shoulddo to reduce homesickness? Explain why? Include specific reasons and examples in your response.

Well, it is quite normal for college freshmen to miss their families in a first few months after they enter the college. And I think the best way to overcome homesickness is to try to make yourself busy. More specifically, get involved in as many activities as possible. For example, hang out with the new friends and do some sports and even try to focus on your homework will help you distract from the feelings of homesickness. Of course you can call your family to talk to them and get some advice. But do remember not to be too emotional on the phone, because that will make you feel even worse after the phone call and takes you a long time to recover from it.
Karenchen

Speaking practice for Toefl test #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:05 am   Speaking practice for Toefl test

Karenchen

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Speaking practice for Toefl test #3 (permalink) Mon Sep 01, 2014 18:18 pm   Speaking practice for Toefl test

is there anyone to offer help? I really need some advice on this practice.
Karenchen

Speaking practice for Toefl test #4 (permalink) Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:47 am   Speaking practice for Toefl test

Hi Karen, sorry I never saw these. Your first answer was very good. Your pronunciation is good also, but the way you are stressing your words and pausing in between words sounds a little odd. In face, it sounds a little like a "Valley Girl" accent. Maybe it's best if I read your answer.

Oops, sorry, it won't let me record - maybe I can try again later

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
PlentyPronunciation of the word "then"Independent task: Someone you feel close to.Perfect pronounciationAny help! School Interview?TOEFL® SPEAKING 1: Help from family or a friend.Word ''Key'' pronunciation?speaking practice ?Which is more polite?I have a question ;)Arthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first message