risk; peril; hazard
danger
subscription
residence
discretion

speaking practice 2

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
What do you think of this audio recording (1 present simple)? | Speaking practice for Toefl® test
speaking practice 2 #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:20 am   speaking practice 2

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Government should spend money on some projects to encourage citizens to lead healthier lifestyles. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.

Well, I don’t think it’s a good idea for the government to provide financial support to encourage the so-called healthier life styles, because healthy lifestyle, as a term, is ambiguous and highly subjective. I mean, a lifestyle considered healthy by some people might be the opposite for other people. Healthy lifestyle is more of a personal thing rather than a universally agreed-on definition. So, it would be quite difficult for the government to take out a plan which can satisfy all taxpayers’ needs. As a result, it is neither meaningful nor effective for the government to do so.
Karenchen

speaking practice 2 #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 am   speaking practice 2

Wow, this is very good. Your speech is very natural, though you did say "supports" instead of the more proper "support" and you say "universery" instead of "universally". Also, "take out a plan" is not really correct - maybe "create a plan". Still, if you came up with this answer on the spur of the moment, I think you did a great job.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Pronunciation of the word "then"Independent task: Someone you feel close to.Perfect pronounciationAny help! School Interview?TOEFL® SPEAKING 1: Help from family or a friend.Word ''Key'' pronunciation?speaking practice ?How to teach the phonics to the 2nd and 3rd primary stage?Which is more polite?I have a question ;)Arthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first message