hold back a thought or feeling about; shield
beleaguer
exhume
harbor
dismiss

Increased audience in a radio station

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test
To understand the characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities | A strong template for the GREŽ Analytical Writing
Increased audience in a radio station #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 14, 2014 15:02 pm   Increased audience in a radio station

Please, correct my essay!

While may be true that radio listeners have a great interest in call-in advice programs and that the radio audience increased in the Rockville area after the radio station WCQP decided to broadcast more this kind of programs, we need to consider other factors that were not cited.
For example, other radio station in the area may have been closed at the time that WCQP started broadcast more call-in programs. Considering this assumption, it is reasonable think that the listeners of this radio station closed migrated for other stations, thus the WCQP audience increased.
Additionally, following the argument that the WCQP audience elevated because listeners from other radio stations have migrated, we could correlate this migration with poor programs broadcasted by them. For example, the programs in the other radio stations may had long and advertisings or boring topics. As the call-in programs are more attractive, they choose listen the WCQP station instead.
Moreover, the KICK should not expect more audience only because they will broadcast more call-in programs. If the quality of the programs is low and the topics discussed are poor, the listers will not choose stopping listenning other radio stations.
To conclude, base on my previous arguments, we might see that many factors may be involved in the increased audience, not only the fact that they started to broadcast more call-in programs. The manager of KICK should analyse deeper this before starting include more those programs.
Nayara

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
Argument essay: SalicylatesThanks for your help guys -- I did it!Assessing Students on their grasp of facts or their ability to explain conceptsReason for extinction of certain mammal species in the Kaliko IslandsCars as status symbolsThank you for helping me! I finally did it.OV1 reading mixed practice 1Issue - What should students base their study choices on?Argument (Weakening): Baskets were not found first by Paleans!The difference between GREŽ and TOEFLŽ writing sectionsunderstanding the most important characteristics of a societyResearchers should not limit their investigations to practical applicationGREŽ essay Ability of human thinking may deteriorate with dependence on technology