Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

arrangement; structure; organization; hoax; configuration of hardware or software (Computers)
staple
perennial
exception
setup
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I can lend you some money until the end of the month | Tip into recession
listening exercises
He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 04, 2014 20:22 pm   He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ri_eU6ONQ8LUQ4dlZoSmtCWUU/view?usp=sharing

The dictionary definitions of puck is a disk used as a "ball" in hockey and computer mouse.

Now, the "good soldier" has taken some guy from his house and is doing some interrogation in the outside while the "bad soldier" comes into the scene by helicoper and asks the "good soldier" for the other two pucks that are seem to be missing. (In the subtitles it is written as puck and not pack. The word puck is not mentioned again in the movie). What does he mean?

After this scene, a fight between the two "soldiers" ensues and the the bad guy takes the iraqi with him and leaves with the helicopter. He doesn't seem to have taken with him anything else. So what are those other two pucks?
BenDover23
I'm here quite often ;-)

He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly? #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:04 am   He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?

I don't think he says 'pucks' though it is hard to work out what he does say.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly? #3 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:50 am   He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?

Beeesneees wrote:
I don't think he says 'pucks' though it is hard to work out what he does say.

Are you sure?
http://www.anyclip.com/movies/green-zone/the-special-forces-take-millers-prisoner/#!quotes/
BenDover23
I'm here quite often ;-)

He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly? #4 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:07 am   He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?

I still don't think so - but if he does say that, then it's a local slang US term, certainly not widely known.
Perhaps definition 11 here covers it.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Puck
(Adult language)
Language Coach

He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly? #5 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2014 16:04 pm   He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?

Sounded as if he said "punks".

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/punk
2. an inferior, rotten, or worthless person or thing

He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly? #6 (permalink) Sun Oct 05, 2014 16:18 pm   He's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?

Oh, well done Cristina. That would make much more sense.
Language Coach

I can lend you some money until the end of the month | Tip into recession
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
The use of groundsUrgent need.It's about nounsIs there such an expression?antiphonal singing or duet?Watercolor pen?How to email college admissions officea little vs. a bitIt's very hot: It's scorchingWhat is the difference between "end" and "end up"?'which of the names' vs. 'what of the names''it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"What does it mean: ingredientsIt is clear that one day she will pass her examination