to discern; to perceive; to pay attention; to observe; to remark
satisfy
notice
would
prepare

Introduction

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Thinking & Speaking in English | Back to site after 3 years!!!
Introduction #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 12, 2015 0:04 am   Introduction

Hey Everyone,

742EvergreenTerrace is my name and I'm here to get help with my standardized testing woes, just like you guys. I'm an engineer and while that means my science and math skills are pretty sharp, I'm absolutely awful at writing. I can never seem to get my thoughts on paper like I want them and my essays tend to sound like drivel most of the time. Bummer.

I'm also a huge nerd; I collect comic books, love science-fiction/fantasy and am enthralled by technology. Maybe you've even seen me at ComicCon :)

Well enough about me, I'd like to get to know all of you! Wish me luck on the GRE!
742EvergreenTerrace

Introduction #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 13, 2015 20:32 pm   Introduction

Hi EvergreenTerrace, I am trained as an engineer as well - electrical engineer. I think you may be being a bit hard on yourself, I thought your GRE essay was pretty good. Are you living in the US? Based on your fluency it sounds like it.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Introduction #3 (permalink) Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:46 am   Introduction

Thanks! Yes, I live in the US, though I wasn't born here. I owe my fluency to long hours of TV when I was younger. :)
742EvergreenTerrace

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
trynnnA pleasant hello to youHi im a newbieHey guys glad to be hereWhat is the English word for a life of full things, a family of full happinessUse of listening transcript 10 with due source attributionnew member,hello everyone!A new Member who needs helpI am new student.A question regarding "Preparation forum for the GRE®® Test"!Hi everyone!sometimes l be where l should be .....