act of forcefully taking possession of an area; seizure; conquest; possession or settlement of land
control
carriage
occupation
event

Why do you think people attend college or university?

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test
P.O.Box? | American / British english
Why do you think people attend college or university? #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:37 am   Why do you think people attend college or university?

People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge).
Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Education plays a positive role in our life. I think people apply for university or college for three reasons. They get a good experience, secure life, increase knowledge.
First of all, When you get in college or university, it is a new environment that is different with high school. You meet a lot of international students who come from different places. Everyone has a culture. University or college has events and parties for various cultures. Students can participate at these parties with their friends and have a good experience.
Second, after a graduate from university or college, you have more opportunity for get a job with good salary each year. When you get a degree, it means that you are valuable for the world. You get more confidence for living a successful, enjoyable and happy life. You achieved a secure life.
Last one, you are developing in an academic environment, you can learn skills to search for libraries, labs ,and lectures.
Conclusion , university or college gives us good experience, secure life, increase knowledge.
Ladansh

Why do you think people attend college or university? #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:13 am   Why do you think people attend college or university?

TITLE EDITED.
Please help everyone to make the most of this forum and its resources by giving your threads meaningful and relevant subject lines.
_________________

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
Why do you think people attend college or university? #3 (permalink) Fri Mar 27, 2015 15:55 pm   Why do you think people attend college or university?

Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important?
We learn a big part of knowledge from books. In my opinion books are more important than experience for three reasons. Improve second language, learn different culture, and increase scientific knowledge.
First, we learn a lot from read books. For example I am learning an English language. When I read a book, I learn a correct grammar and get an idea for writing. I am learning new vocabulary. It means that I am improving an academic level from second language. You cannot learn it from experience.
Second, we learn about cultures and historic in the world. For example I like to know about Chinese culture. I cannot to travel there. I can read book and know about belief, customs, habits, and historic.
Last, we increase scientific knowledge. Scientists from centuries ago have studied and summarized much knowledge that we can trust the information. Books help us to specific knowledge from years we were not.
In conclusion, we improve second language, learn different culture, and increase scientific knowledge with to read book that nothing can get from experience.
Ladansh

P.O.Box? | American / British english
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
Grammar and rate it out of 9 bandTOEICŪ Reading ProblemTOEICŪ Reading ProblemTOEICŪ Reading ProblemFactual account: relocating from Bangalore to MysorePlease check my essay: your response are most valuableimportant qualities of a good school teacherIn today's world, it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakesPlease edit my writing: "Watching television is bad for children". AgrCan you please correct my essay? It is about my hometown.Please check my essay: The most important aspect of job is money. Agree or not?The most important aspect of a job is money. Agree or not?How to prepare for the TOEICŪ test?