switch; icon to click on
position
blame
button
coverage

A pleasant hello to you

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hi im a newbie | nnn
A pleasant hello to you #1 (permalink) Fri May 01, 2015 18:14 pm   A pleasant hello to you

Hello to you, you cheerful crowd. I'm Gussie Fink-Nottle and looking forward to meeting you all.
GussieFinkNottle

A pleasant hello to you #2 (permalink) Fri May 01, 2015 18:40 pm   A pleasant hello to you

Hi Gussie,

Welcome to you. I shall look forward to hearing from you.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
A pleasant hello to you #3 (permalink) Fri May 01, 2015 20:36 pm   A pleasant hello to you

Hello Gussie, where does your nickname come from? I googled it and it seems you are quite a character.... ;-)

TOEIC listening, photographs: Inside the car

A pleasant hello to you #4 (permalink) Fri May 01, 2015 22:18 pm   A pleasant hello to you

I chose the name from the writer P G Wodehouse. Gussie is an interesting character who is fascinated by newts!
GussieFinkNottle

A pleasant hello to you #5 (permalink) Fri May 01, 2015 23:33 pm   A pleasant hello to you

How come he is fascinated by newts? Shouldn't he be a dog lover as a proper Englishman?

TOEIC listening, photographs: The warehouse

A pleasant hello to you #6 (permalink) Sat May 02, 2015 7:32 am   A pleasant hello to you

Well yes he should be I suppose but then Gussie is rather eccentric. Most of the Wodehouse characters are and that's what makes for the humour.

Gussie
GussieFinkNottle

Hi im a newbie | nnn
ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
tryHey guys glad to be hereBack to site after 3 years!!!changing identityIntroductionWhat is the English word for a life of full things, a family of full happinessUse of listening transcript 10 with due source attributionnew member,hello everyone!A new Member who needs helpI am new student.A question regarding "Preparation forum for the GRE®® Test"!Hi everyone!sometimes l be where l should be .....