one of the two periods of an academic year (usually 15-18 weeks)
semester
grain
supervisor
petrol

Google Chrome is listening to you.

Every tried a unicycle? | Toll-jumping
Google Chrome is listening to you. #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:06 am   Google Chrome is listening to you.

Google Chrome is listening to you.

Yesterday, news broke that Google has been stealth downloading audio listeners onto every computer that runs Chrome, and transmits audio data back to Google. Effectively, this means that Google had taken itself the right to listen to every conversation in every room that runs Chrome somewhere, without any kind of consent from the people eavesdropped on. In official statements, Google shrugged off the practice with what amounts to “we can do that”.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2015/06/google-chrome-listening-in-to-your-room-shows-the-importance-of-privacy-defense-in-depth/
Irish Lurker

Location: Card board box on the Ku'damm

Google Chrome is listening to you. #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 19, 2015 23:31 pm   Google Chrome is listening to you.

It's high time somebody took control over all the drivel the armies of unhappy underdogs around the world transmit on a daily basis ;-) The question is what kind of audio data Chrome might be able to collect from my machines. I mean most of the time I listen to U2 and Billy Idol and when I produce audio I speak my own language that even Google can't crack. By the way, the other day I managed to listen in to a conversation Sergey Brin was having with his wife and recorded it on my Chromebook. If you like I can share with you provided you buy a Chromebook too and send me my sales commission via Google Pay.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the adviser's office?

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Every tried a unicycle? | Toll-jumping
She's long gone!Watching Freebird online?R U feeling a little Meloncollie?linguistic feudIs it safe to use Cloud and Drop Box?Strange Rivalry between Scots & IrishWhat's the worst weapon of mass destruction?Guess where I'm now...What's the purpose of life?While the poor jungly man is ...Imagine Dragons?Allow time for trafficHappy Birthday my dearest friend Monica!