confusing; hard to understand; difficult; complex
rubber
bulk
useful
complicated

What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?

screen vs fritz | Phrasal verb "start off" vs. "begin"
What is the meaning of "hold any stock"? #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:14 am   What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?

Hi! Would you please explain what is the meaning of "hold any stock"? I did not find
explanation anywhere. Thank you in advance! With kind regards, Oinas.
Oinas

Location: Finland

What is the meaning of "hold any stock"? #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:18 pm   What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?

Without any additional context, I would say it means don't release any more of that particular item from the place that it is so that it can be sold.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Re: What is the meaning of "hold any stock"? #3 (permalink) Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:58 am   Re: What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?

I came here looking for some good news, but I am not surprised that there is none. The phrase in question is an idiom that apparently is not in used in U.K. English.

[quote="Oinas"]Hi! Would you please explain the meaning of "hold any stock"?
"hold any stock" is an idiom that is usually used in the negative.
'I don't hold any stock in what he says.' means means that I don't believe what he says.
The following is a sentence I found online. "Personally I don't hold any stock in the rumors."
Canadian45

What is the meaning of "hold any stock"? #4 (permalink) Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:22 am   What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?

It is used in UK English, but without a context I did not read it as idiomatic.
Thank you. You are probably right that this definition is what was needed.
_________________

Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what youIt has stopped raining/the rain has stoppedTest incompl/inter-292, Question 9Do / Did you have to.................today?The use of groundsa little vs. a bitdifference between: "I may buy..." and "I may have to buy..."enticementplaying with a full deck of cardsIf I were you? Subjuntive?odvious vs obviousExpression: "Yes, I'll hold"meaning of "...it would take a hot minute..."