Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

manager; person or group of persons having administrative authority within an organization
obligation
baggage
concern
executive
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Can you hear what he is... | Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what you
listening exercises
It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 10, 2015 15:19 pm   It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped

Hi,
I want to know if the phrase 'the rain has stopped' is correct, because it was my translation from an Arabic phrase but the answer I was given was 'It has stopped raining'.

Could my answer be correct? And if so, is there any difference between the 2 phrases?
Another question:
Is it correct to say 'birth date'? .. Because again that was my translation but the answer I was given was 'date of birth'. Even though I know 'date of birth' is correct but it happened to write 'birth date'.

Thanks.
Ahmed_M
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 10, 2015 21:37 pm   It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped

Your answer could be correct, but perhaps the context indicated differently.
There's no difference in meaning.

'Birth date' is possible too, but again possibly the context indicated otherwise.
Language Coach

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2015 15:23 pm   It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped

Thanks for the response Ma'am,

You mean that both words could be used depending on the context?
If so, may you give me an example for each word to know the difference of contexts?

Thanks.
Ahmed_M
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Can you hear what he is... | Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what you
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
English Slang Idioms (17)/5What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?Test incompl/inter-292, Question 9difference between: "I may buy..." and "I may have to buy..."enticement"The" conclave: sounds a bit odd here?playing with a full deck of cardsIf I were you? Subjuntive?odvious vs obviousWhat is the difference between a bank teller and a cashier?Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"meaning of "...it would take a hot minute..."why correct answer is road why not others?