to oppose; to retaliate; to react; to strike back
suppose
certificate
counter
dictate

Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what you

It has stopped raining/the rain has stopped | Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"
Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what you #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:29 am   Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what you

Hi! Why "you get what you bargain for" is incorrect in the above mentioned test?
Best regards!
Oinas

Location: Finland

Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what you #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 am   Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what you

Because that is not a standard phrase, which is what that test checks.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Last but not least-meaningEnglish Slang Idioms (17)/5What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?Test incompl/inter-292, Question 9difference between: "I may buy..." and "I may have to buy..."enticement"The" conclave: sounds a bit odd here?playing with a full deck of cardsIf I were you? Subjuntive?What is the difference between a bank teller and a cashier?meaning of "...it would take a hot minute..."why correct answer is road why not others?screen vs fritz