to delete; to skip over; to neglect
complicate
crop
omit
resist

What a strange day!

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

I'm now playing on the Wordfeud! | i love these girls
What a strange day! #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 22, 2016 23:59 pm   What a strange day!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
What a strange day!

My son came home with the news that we probably have got the Full Moon!

He knows that I firmly react to the full Moon.. So I looked to the Internet what was

happening with our dear planet.

And I learned that: Today our dear Moon is in the

lunar phase of growing up, and its visibility is 98%.

Moreover the Earth takes a geomagnetic reversal -

north pole migrates quickly in the direction of Siberia. Uff!

The pole shift lasts for several decades, what can be seen through a series of maritime

disasters when shoals of fish are flowing on the shallows. And actually every creature of

the earth has changed its angle of almost half a degree!

I am devastated :((

Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

Re: What a strange day! #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 23, 2016 23:13 pm   Re: What a strange day!

Alicja1 wrote:
... we probably have got the Full Moon!

... the Earth takes a geomagnetic reversal -

... north pole migrates quickly in the direction of Siberia. Uff!

... And actually every creature of the earth has changed its angle of almost half a degree!

I am devastated :((

Me too!
Iíve been feeling dizzy all day today and I had to wear high heeled shoes so that their angle compensate the angle you were talking about, but they didnít, and I lost the latest Wordfeud match against you because of that so you see, Iím devastated too :-(

But the good news is what Iíve just found and translated on the spot: that the energy of the first full moon of the year which will be tomorrow, will give us all some more courage in all we do and all we have to do is to be authentic and trustful in our ideas, in our personal magic. The full moon of tomorrow is an astrological moment which wakes up our wisdom and the power to let all the negative aspects of our past go away, finding the courage to go ahead with self-esteem and a lot of hope.

So let the full moon come and Ądonít worry, be happyĒ!
And letís play another match! Iím decided to win!
:-)
Monica28

Location: Romania

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Re: What a strange day! #3 (permalink) Sun Jan 24, 2016 14:06 pm   Re: What a strange day!

Oh really!
Since the very beginning, i have strange and emotional day. I was woken up by the name Radwańska, coming from my tv set.
I hardly had opened my eyes and pricked my ears. It was tenis match in Australia Open,1/8 part of it. Polen played with young German girl.
It was just beginning the second round. The first round was beneficial for German girl :7/6. In the second the German probably tried to cath her breath so result was 6/1 for the Polish woman.The third round started well for our Agnieszka ,she broke German girl and it was 2:0 for her. Then everything went wrong for Agnieszka. German girl won the next 7 games.
I lost my hope. And then proved to be true that man shouldn't lose his hope and struggle to the very end. German girl who didn't spare her herself, had got strong spasms of her legs. Wepping from pain she tried continue her play. But in vain. The match was finished with result 7/6: 6/1: 7/5. I was sorry about very ambitious German girl. But you know: in sport it is not mercy. This way eventually our Agnieszka got to the 1/4 of finale Australia Open!
Sorry Moni that I postponed our game. I count of your indulgement:(
But at least thanks it, I found topic to this thread!!!

I greet all fans of tennis, I belong to this association:-))
Alicja.

Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

Re: What a strange day! #4 (permalink) Sun Jan 24, 2016 14:10 pm   Re: What a strange day!

Oh really!

Since the very beginning, i have strange and emotional day. I was woken up by the

name Radwańska, coming from my tv set.

I hardly had opened my eyes and pricked my ears. It was tenis match in Australia

Open,1/8 part of it. Polen played with young German girl.

It was just beginning the second round. The first round was beneficial for German girl

:7/6. In the second the German probably tried to cath her breath so result was 6/1 for

the Polish woman.The third round started well for our Agnieszka ,she broke German girl

and it was 2:0 for her. Then everything went wrong for Agnieszka. German girl won the

next 7 games.

I lost my hope. And then proved to be true that man shouldn't lose his hope and

struggle to the very end. German girl who didn't spare her herself, had got strong

spasms of her legs. Wepping from pain she tried continue her play. But in vain. The

match was finished with result 7/6: 6/1: 7/5. I was sorry about very ambitious German

girl. But you know: in sport it is not mercy. This way eventually our Agnieszka got to

the 1/4 of finale Australia Open!

Alicja.

Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

Re: What a strange day! #5 (permalink) Sun Jan 24, 2016 15:14 pm   Re: What a strange day!

Dear Alice,
Don't worry about postponing the game, I do the same. We play only when we have time, remember? As the time runs so fast, it usually takes an entire day to me to make a move, you saw that :-(

Alicja1 wrote:
Alicja.

I greet them too, although I don't fit here.
I like other sports, like gymnastics, artistic skating, dancing and maybe some others which I don't remember now.

See you!
Monica28

Location: Romania

Re: What a strange day! #6 (permalink) Mon Jan 25, 2016 19:27 pm   Re: What a strange day!

Monica28 wrote:

[/quote]

Oh Moni!

You have so many sorts of sport interests!
I dream to see you in the Swan Lake.
I never had been brave enough, to put skates on my feet. In my imagination a saw myself lying on the ice, with my legs up. My bottom part of body was really blue-grey ,when I started skiing. But I loved it. There, in mountains also were ice-covered slopes.
Hmmm, i can recollect you, in which more domain you can compete, with chance for the first place.
Even if I strongly admire your craft, please- don't send to me this delicious home-baked cakes in photos ,by internet , and in addition saying that it will make me well, because it is freshly taken from the oven and still hot.
I nearly got choked with my own saliva.:-((
Moreover with attached your photo,where you are eating the cake with sweet and vulpine foxy smile on your face!!!
It is a pity that you didn't let me sent to forum; this cruel photo!

mg]http://www.english-test.net/forum/user_images/25012016130145.jpg[/img]

Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

Re: What a strange day! #7 (permalink) Mon Jan 25, 2016 19:29 pm   Re: What a strange day!

Monica28 wrote:

Oh Moni!

I dream to see you in the Swan Lake.

Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

What a strange day! #8 (permalink) Mon Jan 25, 2016 21:44 pm   What a strange day!

Alicja1 wrote:
I dream to see you in the Swan Lake.

That would be very interesting indeed :-)
But it was my dream too, when I was 9, but it got lost somewhere in the past because I only attended ballet classes for 2 years which was only to make an idea.

Alicja1 wrote:
I never had been brave enough, to put skates on my feet. In my imagination, a saw myself lying on the ice, with my legs up. My bottom part of body was really blue-grey ,when I started skiing. But I loved it. There, in mountains also were ice-covered slopes.

Funny: I skated and never skied and you skied but never skated! we'would have made a good team then :-)
I used to watch the skating contest on TV for hours when I was little and again, I dreamt to being there. Ok, all of us dream a lot in a lifetime. But then I stole. I stole some skating technique from an instructor while watching the skating classes which we couldn't afford and I felt good to try and practice by myself. Felt like a winner at the age of 10.
Alicja1 wrote:
Even if I strongly admire your craft, please- don't send to me this delicious home-baked cakes in photos ...

Ok, I'll stop being that cruel to send you photos, but I like your expression: "vulpine foxy smile on your face" because it's very well said - you caught the idea perfectly, so I obtained what I wanted :-)
:-))
Monica28

Location: Romania

What a strange day! #9 (permalink) Tue Jan 26, 2016 16:21 pm   What a strange day!

Monica28 wrote:
Alicja1 wrote:
I dream to see you in the Swan Lake.

Alicja1 wrote:

Alicja1 wrote:

:-))

My dear! couldn't you come back to your old dreams, in regards to me? a little practice and you are ready to take part in the Swan Lake...:-)
It is one of my unfulfilled wishes.

Oh! you must admit that we are a very good team,anyway:-)

Yeah, it is hard to believe that you are going to resign from teasing me. But, if it is such great need from you... You can eat this tasty cakes of your productin in my presence. In the worst case I would be collapsed without life.
It still is tempting me,to send your special and only in its kind smile, to the forum.
It would be so attractive for the readers..
No,no. I will wait to the next opportunity. I promise.

Is a strange day today? No, I don't think so.
And I hope it won't be.
A little calm and peace can be useful.
I hear from CNN channel, that it is a pandaemonium day in Russia. The dollar went up so much that people in despair are attacking banks.I am sorry to see it. Who knows what is waiting for us in the future. It seems to be disaster about our future pensions.

What was your last word Moni?! Where you found it???
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

What a strange day! #10 (permalink) Tue Jan 26, 2016 22:57 pm   What a strange day!

Alicja1 wrote:

I's true, we are a team already. You 126,me 125;you 180, me 181; yu 247, me 247; you win a mach, I win the other, and so on.

Alicja1 wrote:

Thank you, my friend! Much obliged!

Alicja1 wrote:

Who knows what was that word? whatever word it was, it surely came by chance or as a result of a few attempts, like many others which we wouldn't ever think of.
:-)
Monica28

Location: Romania

What a strange day! #11 (permalink) Thu Jan 28, 2016 19:54 pm   What a strange day!

What a strange day..

A couple days ago here was a frost and snow, and suddenly it had changed. We have

got the temperature

over +10 degrees of Celsius. The snow with help of warm wind has changed into big

puddles. To be true I had been pleased of the strong frost. Because during last year I

fell prey of the ticks. There in the mountains, and also in other regions, we had a

veritable plague of ticks. The ticks had been falling from the trees on me, when I rested

on the deck chair.

They were practically everywhere. Of course their bites are deadly dangerous. And all of

this happened because the last Winter had been without frost. So this year frosty

winter gives us hope for the summer without ticks. I looked through

the window ,and it what I saw immediately has brought nice memories to me. We had

in family a good painter .One of his pictures ,which was my favorite, had presented

trunks of the trees, which were reflected in the Spring thaw. The picture was very

similar to my photo, which I have snapped - at once.

Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

What a strange day! #12 (permalink) Sat Jan 30, 2016 0:04 am   What a strange day!

No much more strange day, than my everyday..
I slept soundly.. when I was woken up by a woman from the market square. I should put my coat on, and hurry to her , because she had brought very attractive commodity. It always is good reason to drag me out, so I threw something to inside and over me and I went. Then I recollected that I should buy a cake because my Irish friend is going to visit me on Saturday.
On my way to bakery, I noticed the stall with undergarments and I bought one nice piece.
But when at home I put my shopping on the table, I couldn't find IT among the other things. I looked for it everywhere. Even in fridge. I gave up, and asked my son to go to the stalls, and ask the woman if possibly I have left it there. The women had denied. But because I am terribly stubborn, going to the swimming pool I went again to the stall asking about this nice thing. But all in vain.
The water in the swimming pool was too hot. I breathed with relief when I eventually went to the fresh air. I called to my Irish friend to confirm the visit . No, on Saturday she is going to go to concert, but instead of it she can come on Monday, in her break between lectures. Unfortunatelly at this time on Monday I had long in the offing, a visit at the doctor.
In the evening my dear Moni called me. She was sleepy and tired and she was not going to play scrabble with me!!:-((

Good night:-)
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

What a strange day! #13 (permalink) Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:48 am   What a strange day!

Good morning, dear Alice!
Yesterday it was one of those days when I can't do anything for myself, but only the "must do" things. After a crazy day at work I took my niece from the kindergarten and tried to replace her parents who had been out of town for a couple of days. It's not easy to do that, because she's one of those kids who feel abandoned when the parents leave them even for just a few days.

Thank God it's not our case and I know life is not easy here, but I can't imagine how can so many parents leave their kids, go abroad and stay there for years working for better money, because the biggest sacrifice is always on children's side. They are too sensitive and no matter how much parents try to convince them, these children remain here with a hard and painful feeling of being abandoned, because they won't really understand or accept the reasons.
I think it's not worth to sacrifice your own child for any reason in the world. I'm not saying that young people shouldn't look for a better life but only after finding a way to take the children along.
I saw how my niece suffered for just two days. A deep sadness was always there in her eyes, no matter how good it was to play together; the drawings that she did at the kindergarten two different days were almost identical: herself, her brother who is 15, mummy and daddy, the big train which they left with, and a few waves which were her writing; she "read" to me what she wrote (while crying with big tears): "mummy and daddy, I love you very much and come home quickly and don't anandon me anymore ever ever again!"
And they thought they had convinced her...
Monica28

Location: Romania

What a strange day! #14 (permalink) Sat Jan 30, 2016 17:29 pm   What a strange day!

Dear Moni!
Your niece it is a lovely ,charming and clever child. She had cried yesterday, because she

wasn't sure that her parents would come back to her. Maybe she thought, that you

only try to conjure false realities for her. But today, that her parents are again at home,

she feels relaxed. So she came to see you, and happily started to play with you. Who

knows what lies in her small head. She is a little woman. And it is common known that:

"the woman changeable is"!

Moni! You rightly guessed that today I am probably in the market square, again. Yes.

The weather was sunny, so I went out early in the morning. But I didn't expect such a

strong wind. You can call it a hurricane.The all exposed things were hovering in the air.

The sellers and other people tried to rescue situation. There were no conditions to

trading.

Usually after full moon we can expect the mountain wind. So also is today.

My dear. I hope that the parents of your niece will be so nice, and they take the child for

the night. And you would have, partly at least , the free evening.

Ha, ha.:-))

Alicja.

Children are so sweet!
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

What a strange day! #15 (permalink) Sun Jan 31, 2016 19:21 pm   What a strange day!

The tree trunks that you snapped takes me to my school years when our teacher used to take us to the park which was nearby in order to draw... guess what? tree trunks.

I see that you now something of my yesterday but you don't know what I saw yesterday morning while wondering in the center of my city... look:
People feeding pigeons - usual view in the other seasons but I saw it for te first time this year

I can show you the statue of King Decebal, who was Dacia's last King: Decebalus per Scorilo as it is written there, meaning Decebalus, the son of Scorilo.

Then I snapped the view of the recently renewed Liberty Square which looks like a shooting target who for ? aliens? nobody knows :-) The old square was like a small park, with alleys and many trees, a fountain and a lot of benches; nobody loves the new look, except for the designer maybe :-)

It was a little foggy ysterday, so the photos are not the best :-(
Monica28

Location: Romania

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Whose language is this?english.best is comingsteal the showmy man of this decadetrump must leave Burma alone.donald trump, the presidentdog eat dogEnglish Man in New YorkFreezer Maythe WallsI'm still for trump